Intermitent miss

Seabee Rick

I have a 2010 NT with 13,300 miles. Recently I have been experiencing an intermittent miss at idle with the temp at mid level on the temp gauge. It usually does this in the temperature range just below where the fan kicks on. No issues at freeway speed just at idle when waiting in traffic, etc.. Any one having this issue or any incite how to correct it?

OP
OP

Seabee Rick

No, I was unaware of the issue. The bike is still covered under an extended warranty and I would think this would be covered. Thanks for the advice.

Bike
1984 Moto Guzzi T5
If not that, then a problem I had was after a scheduled service. The mechanic did not clip the FI lead back on correctly. It ran great for a while, then the vibrations worked it loose. First a misfire at idle, then at mid range as well, then it would quit on me. I'm probably the only person to have experienced this particular issue.

Bike
2008 Dusk Beige NT700V
+1 on the plug caps.
I don't have that problem but it is a known issue.

Danzo

I have the same problem on my 2009 NT700VA. I have changed plugs and caps. Problem still persists.

Sent from my SM-N910F using Tapatalk

DirtFlier

Site Supporter
Bike
2010 Silver NT700V/ABS
[I have the same problem on my 2009 NT700VA. I have changed plugs and caps. Problem still persists.]

I had a strange running problem a few years ago while in Colorado. My bike was parked in the sun and the fuel tank felt hot to the touch. Once I started to go, the engine refused to run smoothly but eventually did cleared up. It felt like "vapor lock" in a old carbureted car.

You might try stopping and opening the gas cap when you experience that problem. If it doesn't work, it didn't cost you any money!

Last edited:
Top Bottom