Whats this hose attach to? I give up......

Bike
2010 NT700, 83 CX650
Hey guys,

Long time member but I've been off the grid for a while. Met a wonderful woman a few years ago while on a work assignment, and she moved up here to Minnesota and we were married 2 years ago. She is a newer rider, and we've been riding the backroads with her Honda Rebel, and my Bug Smasher (my 83 CX650). I still have the Pooch (my 2010 NT700 but ran into issues with it in spring of 2019, where it runs for 10 or 15 mins then would quit. With Jim's advice, I tackled the infamous spark plug covers, and eventually got it back together and running late last summer. Didnt ride it much but a few test drives, and put it away last fall.
This spring , while cleaning out the garage ( we both took voluntary leaves from work ), I found what I believe is a hose I missed when putting the Pooch back together. It looks like it attaches to the air valve, but I cant figure out what the other end attaches to , if anything. I found a parts diagram, but it doesnt show what the "other" end attaches to either.

Attached are a couple snaps. Any ideas?

Thanks guys,

fossil

Attachments

Bike
Bloom Red 2010 NT700v
Fossil,
I believe that hose connects to the reed valve on the rear valve cover. In your picture of the rear of the engine, the connection point is hidden from view by the black plastic heat shield.

Hope this helps.

DirtFlier

Site Supporter
Bike
2010 Silver NT700V/ABS
Just for future reference, the front of the service manual, in the General Information section, has a lot of excellent line drawings of the bike with the skin off so you can clearly see hose and electrical connections.

OP
OP
Fossil
Bike
2010 NT700, 83 CX650
I'll have to check out the service manual drawings DirtFlier, thanks for that resource.
Yes, its good to have smart friends!

Got everything back together, charged the battery, and runs like the true champit is. Took it out for a hard test drive yesterday, and was pleased it started right up just now. Karen wants to go for a ride later today, may suggest a 2 up ride on the Pooch instead, just for fun. Although the CX looks better along side her Rebel, I do miss the NT and its throttle lock and comfort, even with her on the back.

Top Bottom