NaTalie's Rehab Has Begun

OP
OP
Brillot2000
Bike
NT700V, NC700X, XL600R
That looks alright from down here in Melbourne, OZ, not Florida.:) Cheeky, aren't I?
When the clear coat goes on I think it will be excellent.

Macka
I was thinking the same thing. It’s just not as glossy I’d like it to be. I’m going to go get a can of clear coat later on today to finish this portion. Then will spray the scar on the front fender. Ifit looks good from 10’ away, that’s good enough for me at this point.

NaTalie is starting to take on a new character, which might need a renaming to go alone with her new look. :unsure:

I think that the side panels that I bought came from Melbourne Florida. ;)

OP
OP
Brillot2000
Bike
NT700V, NC700X, XL600R
That looks alright from down here in Melbourne, OZ, not Florida.:) Cheeky, aren't I?
When the clear coat goes on I think it will be excellent.

Macka
Went out and bought some clear coat spray and put about 2 coats on this piece already.

IMG_2706.JPG

IMG_2707.JPG

There a few visible runs in the clear coats. Probably sprayed too much or the steep surface shape had something to do with this. I never claimed to be an expert with rattle-can finishes. I'd score this as a 6 out of 10. No one will notice it when I am riding nor will the insurance company after this build. Good enough for me... ;)

Bike
Black 2009 NT700
No. I have never seen that one before. It is pretty sharp looking with the gold wrap on the neck.
How's the taste? I have tasted Corona and there are a few others on the menu at Mexican restaurants but I have never tried them as they are ridiculously expensive here, about $9-$10 AU for a "stubby" (330ml small bottle).
I do like Mex food very much and normally go regularly but we cannot use restaurants during our lock down (10 weeks now).
As an aside, the daily covid infection number here in my state of Victoria is down to 5. That is the first time in single digits for over three months.
The strategy is working. I have not been able to get on my bikes since June as we are not permitted any social driving/riding, only essential travel within 5km of home. We hope to get some relief from October the 12th. I need to go for some medical tests this week and it is more than 5km away but that is OK as I have the medical request forms with me.
A bit off topic, there, but (sort of) related to the beer bottle.

Macka

OP
OP
Brillot2000
Bike
NT700V, NC700X, XL600R
A bit off topic, there, but (sort of) related to the beer bottle.

Macka
No worries. I won’t know as I do not drink anything with alcohol. My wife drinks the stuff. I had a really bad experience with consuming cheap alcoholic beverages at the age of 12. A 12-year old with a mega hangover is not a slight to be unseen. Let’s just say that there were many loses over bodily functions that were quite messy. It was not a fun experience nor do I want to touch anything with alcohol to this day.

OP
OP
Brillot2000
Bike
NT700V, NC700X, XL600R
NaTalie is ready for her big day to return to see if she can return to service tomorrow morning. This will be her validation run before she gets her sign-off and clean bill of health.

Her transformation is still pending. Still waiting on the Hepco & Becker crash guard to come in. I am also still workout the final designs for her new look.

Wish us luck for tomorrow morning.

OP
OP
Brillot2000
Bike
NT700V, NC700X, XL600R
NaTalie performed flawlessly this morning with Dire Straits Walk of Life play on my headset. It was quite an appropriate song at that moment. We were both feeling good at that moment as well.

We both took it is easy when getting onto the I-5. Get it at 70 MPH for a few miles, then up to 75. Once we both had confidence build then we rolled on up to 80 MPH. All was well and she was stable. NaTalie did not hesitate when asked to do anything. All the hesitation was from me as there is still a sliver of doubt or fear deep inside of me. That will fade in time and with more confidence.

We made it into the office without any issues. However, she is shy to show herself to the public. There are still a few scars that need to be addressed with a few cosmetic improvements that need to be applied before her unveiling to the group.

IMG_2712.JPG

Thank you all for your support and understanding during that time.

Phil Tarman

Site Supporter
Bike
2010 Silver NT700VA (ABS)
I love the way you're stretching this out for all of us curious bystanders. :cool:

OP
OP
Brillot2000
Bike
NT700V, NC700X, XL600R
A Quick Progress Update:

• Waiting on the replacement pannier covers that I bought from a member, those should be arriving tomorrow. I am not pleased with the painted job that I did. The paint got damaged too easily from the bike cover. Rattle-can paint is not as durable as the OEM stuff. I will probably install those and keep mine as a backup. Perhaps I will find someone that can paint them properly not asking a fortune to do so.
  • Waiting for some graphics from eBay to arrive.
  • Waiting on my Amazon order for some other additional graphics and a few other items to arrive.
  • Waiting on the Hepco & Becker Crash Guard to arrive. I am not expecting that item for another 2 weeks. This unit might require me to mount my LED driving lights differently.

I am like...

OP
OP
Brillot2000
Bike
NT700V, NC700X, XL600R
Another Quick Update:

The pannier set that I bought from ARP arrived today. Overall they are in good condition and perfect for what I plan on using them for. Then need a little cleaning before applying the graphics to them. I am waiting on the graphic set I ordered off of eBay before I can work out the final layout for them all.

I would like to give an appreciative "SHOUT OUT" to ARP and her aunt Dawn for selling these pannier covers to me.

I will post pictures of them after all the graphics have been applied.

Top Bottom