NaTalie's Rehab Reveal - Meet DIVA!!!

OP
OP
Brillot2000
Bike
NT700V, NC700X, XL600R
Nicely done! She turned out looking great. Fun video, too! Now watch out for those wet spots on the roads!
Thank you, sir. DIVA already has taken at least 2 trips into the office. However, not in her final form. More like a movie star after having plastic surgery.

I thought Edger Winter's Frankenstein was most appropriate for that video montage. My second choice would have been Pink Floyd - Learning to Fly.

The thing is that diesel fuel on the asphalt is nearly invisible.

Sunny

Site Supporter
Bike
NT700VA, R1150GS
Congrats on the renovation! Now that you have combined red and silver, can you settle the ages old conversation about which color NT700 really is faster... :p

Nice job and have a great time riding!
I believe Red Front will be faster than the silver back.. so in few years, @Brillot2000 will have a mini van ... due to the stretching .... something like this ....

1602670938594.png

1602670950821.png

OP
OP
Brillot2000
Bike
NT700V, NC700X, XL600R
I believe Red Front will be faster than the silver back.. so in few years, @Brillot2000 will have a mini van ... due to the stretching .... something like this ....

1602670938594.png

1602670950821.png
No chance of that. I installed a trans-dimensional damper. Neil DeGrasse Tyson ran through all the calculations with me. I think we have everything within 0.2% of the phase differential.

OP
OP
Brillot2000
Bike
NT700V, NC700X, XL600R
A harlequin.

If I'd known you were going to keep the maroon front pieces that color - which IMHO is a good choice, they looked real good - I'd have offered up my NT side case covers, now that I have Deauvilles.

Didn't think to put them up for sale - I'm still waiting for the day my footing fumbles and I drop it at a light...
This project was “Hush-Hush”. Only the leaked information was purposely sent out to keep any spies guessing and misled. Those bits of information were useless on their own.

A team of scientists concluded that burgundy front panels increased the efficiency of the flow of dark energy. However, they had concerns about adding the burgundy pannier covers. The models showed that the reflection rate of the dark energy was near reaching critical mass and would most likely cause a tear in the space-time continuum. They cautioned me and the design team about pursuing this option. As it was we had to install a trans-dimensional damper to regulate the speed differences between the two colors. Again Neil DeGrasse Tyson also warned that spaghettification would occur within a 100-mile radius of the location of DIVA if burgundy panniers covers were to be installed with the burgundy side panels. So, we decided not to go that route on the side of caution.

Last edited:

Phil Tarman

Site Supporter
Bike
2010 Silver NT700VA (ABS)
I like that location for the HMW stickers. But I still like my location for them, too. P9010381_01 (2).JPG

OP
OP
Brillot2000
Bike
NT700V, NC700X, XL600R
I like that location for the HMW stickers. But I still like my location for them, too. P9010381_01 (2).JPG
It is not important where you place the stickers. Just having them and they bring you some enjoy is what really matters.

In the case of DIVA, the Hepco guard would prevent the placement of the stickers in the same locations as you did on Dudley, or is this an image of Horse? 🤔

My placement of the rondell stickers made perfect sense for my application. Also, I could look down at certain angles and see them on the bike while riding.

I also installed 4 additional flame decals individually placed in strategic locations. I think that's the last of the final details for DIVA. She is now completed and ready to break onlookers' hearts and make them drool.

Phil Tarman

Site Supporter
Bike
The difference is mainly in the back.

Dudley:
P1070170 (2).JPG

Horse has more stickers on the panniers.

P9010384 (2).JPG

I hadn't thought about it being a doppleganger, but it kinda' is. I liked Dudley. I like Horse.

OP
OP
Brillot2000
Bike
NT700V, NC700X, XL600R
The difference is mainly in the back.

Dudley:
P1070170 (2).JPG

Horse has more stickers on the panniers.

P9010384 (2).JPG

I hadn't thought about it being a doppleganger, but it kinda' is. I liked Dudley. I like Horse.
Alight, I can see it now.

DIVA is NaTalie reborn. It is the same bike... 😌 🥰

OP
OP
Brillot2000
Bike
NT700V, NC700X, XL600R
I took DIVA for a bonding ride yesterday morning. We were heading out to visit my buddy that lives out in High Vista north of my hometown of Lake Los Angeles.

DIVA-Bonding_Leg1.PNG

The map above shows Leg 1 of the route we took. No road closures or detours on this first leg. I was also working on building my confidence back up. There were a few instances that caught me off guard such as a large rock in the middle of the road that caused us to shimmy briefly.

DIVA-Bonding_Leg2.PNG

The above map shows Leg 2. I ran into a road closure at Pallet Creek Rd and Valyermo Rd, closure due to the Bobcat Fire. The burnt landscape was quite visible and some places came right up to the roadway. Not a bid deal as I know this area very well. The rest of the route was quite boring from there on out.

EXFK1770[1].JPG

I had to take DIVA down 0.2 miles down a rough dirt road to reach my buddies place. No issues there, took it slow and steady the whole way there.

On the route home I took the freeways to get home before it was completely dark.

Phil Tarman

Site Supporter
Bike
Bruce, here's a another interesting NT:

1603065736984.png

1603066050593.png

This one is in Russia.

Last edited:

Phil Tarman

Site Supporter
Bike
I took DIVA for a bonding ride yesterday morning.
Hoping that your bonding will help get your confidence back up. I'm finally beginning to not be so anxious about dropping the bike when I'm stopping (or stopped!).

OP
OP
Brillot2000
Bike
NT700V, NC700X, XL600R
Hoping that your bonding will help get your confidence back up. I'm finally beginning to not be so anxious about dropping the bike when I'm stopping (or stopped!).
As you mentioned the anxiety was the most greatest heading up the first canyon. The shimmy from an unseen rock in the road jolted me and I managed to maintained control of the bike. Also a few underestimated speeds coming into the turns woke me up. It was exactly what I needed to get out of that safe room I locked myself in after that last accident.

I was doing a lot better by the tail half of the ride. The last few freeway rides into work were not a challenging enough.

Phil Tarman

Site Supporter
Bike
The shimmy from an unseen rock in the road jolted me and I managed to maintained control of the bike.
Back in the middle of September, Ken Malone (Red Bird on the Forum) and I rode down I-25 to join an MSTA ride that was starting in Golden. I hit a road gator that I didn't see because I was looking at a hot-air balloon on the east side of the highway (my bad!). It's the first time I've ever hit one and it was a much more serious jolt than I would have expected. I didn't get any shimmy, but it scared the bejabbers out of me. I stayed un-nerved by it until we were half-way up Golden Gate Canyon, about 50-60 miles later.

Top Bottom