New CeeBailey

Phil Tarman

Site Supporter
Bike
2010 Silver NT700VA (ABS)
I got my new 2nd generation CeeBailey + 2" screen today. It's great to have a windshield again.

One question: does anyone know if they changed dimensions with the 2nd generation screen? It seems shorter to me, and maybe even slightly narrower. It also seems to still spread the sliders a tad. The screen sure doesn't slide as easily as the OEM screen did.

Bike
2010 Silver NT700
I just installed my +2 Cee Bailey this weekend. I didn't notice any problems, but now that you mention it it does take a little more effort to adjust than with the stock one, but not much.

I have only rode the bike about 150 miles with it on. It actually seems to wobble and shake less than the stock one. I think it is thicker too.

I like that the lowest setting with the Cee Bailey is just perfect. I usually kept the stock one at one or two clicks from the bottom. I did a comparison with it and stock and it was only slightly wider than the stock.

I remember reading or watching a youtube video (soundtechguy?) that stated the Cee Bailey couldn't be used with the wind deflectors. Maybe CB made them narrower to accommodate the wind deflectors.

Bike
1984 Moto Guzzi T5
And I love my +6 version :)

I don't know about narrower, but, it is significantly wider than my old CalSci.

And yes, it is a bit more difficult to adjust than the stock. But, slightly easier than the Cal Sci. I think the reason is the molded portion of the stock screen is not copied by CB and CalSci. That slight angle difference is probably the cause.

Bike
2010 Silver NT700
Hey Phil....

Does your 2nd generation have a flip? Mine pretty much looks like the stock one except it is taller and barely wider. I think I might have a 1st generation. I bought it from Motorcycle Larry and it took almost 5 weeks. They told me they were backorded and had to make me one. I was expecting to get one with a flip, and was surprised that it was so close to the stock one.

Rob

Bike
2010 Silver NT700V
soundtechguy's original review showed that the 1st gen cee bailey did indeed not fit with the oem wind deflectors. per his video, he dremel'ed the windshield to the fit it should be and they used it to mold the second gen one which he then reviewed later and showed that it fit perfectly with the wind deflectors, and was wider than the stock windshield.

the stock one has grooves where it sits on the parts it is bolted to that compensate for the curvature. as the cee baileys does not have this, it puts a little bit of tension on the sliders making it a little more difficult to raise/lower. again, this is just coming from him though.

my +4 cee bailey in light smoke is on order and i'm anxious to try it out. i normally ride 5 clicks up from bottom. all the way up if on the highway but it intereferes with my sight line ever so slightly as to be annoying. it is my hope the extra four inches will compensate for that, and give me the greater wind void i'm looking for at highway speeds.

clemmel

I recently ordered the +2 CeeBailey and according to the pictures and videos that I saw online, I expected there to be a larger "flip" at the top of the screen. I can tell there is a change in the shape of the shield there but it definitely is not the pronounced flip I had seen.

CeeBailey said these were all cut off the same mold and the flip was actually more noticeable in the larger screens.

That being said, the screen is a big improvement over the factory one for me. It does seem a bit thicker and less prone to flexing. Maybe that's what makes it a bit tighter on the mount?

Carl

OP
OP
Phil Tarman

Phil Tarman

Site Supporter
Bike
My first generation CB was definitely wider than the OEM. But I don't have the OEM screen to compare with it now.

My 2nd generation CB has a flip, but it is very, very subtle.

I always rode with the 1st gen in the 1st notch down from the top. I could sit up straight and see over or I could slump comfortably and look through.

With the 2nd gen, I'm having it up about 1/2 way between top and the 1st notch to get the same view.

OP
OP
Phil Tarman

Phil Tarman

Site Supporter
Bike
Well, since I haven't had the stock windscreen on the bike since mid-April a year ago, it's kind of hard to remember. I definitely thought that the 1st CeeBailey I had was an improvement. It was taller (by about 2"), and about 2" wider. Without a stock one to compare it to, but looking at a head on picture of the old one, I think the upper part is the same as the 1st CeeBailey I had, but maybe slightly shorter.

I do believe that it is more solid and jiggles and flexes less in the wind than the stock one did.

I can guarantee you all that it's better...way better...than no windscreen.

I have a first generation CB. It is almost identical in configuration to stock except slight wider at the top but not the bottom, and of course it does not have the indents that allow the mounts not to be torqued sideways when mounting. Curiously enough it has given me no problems but I do not move the mounting positions at all.

OP
OP
Phil Tarman

Phil Tarman

Site Supporter
Bike
Neither the first of 2nd generation CeeBaileys have that "indent" that Honda put in the stock screen. My first generation worked fine with the wind deflectors and mirrors. It did touch the mirror stalks and there's a "line" etched into them now, but it's barely noticeable. Of course, I may have ridden the bike 20 miles with the screen down all the way.

OP
OP
Phil Tarman

Phil Tarman

Site Supporter
Bike
Say, would somebody with a 1st generation Cee Bailey +2" screen do me a favor? Could you measure its height, please. My new one that I mounted last week is definitely shorter than the first one I had, by maybe an inch or two. It just doesn't work as well. It's 17" top to bottom.

With my old one, I had the screen in the first notch down from the top and could slouch just a bit and look through it. I could sit up without straining and see over it. With this one, if I put it in the same position, I have to really bend down to look through it. If I put it up all the way, it's a tad too high and the gap at the bottom which encourages some windflow behind the screen is an inch or more above the top of the dash and when I was riding in muddy spray on Friday, it hit the instrument panel, my GPS, and me. I didn't have that trouble with the old one.

OP
OP
Phil Tarman

Phil Tarman

Site Supporter
Bike
Thanks, MAC. I was thinking that the stock screen was a 15-incher. I just talked to Tom at CeeBailey a few minutes ago and he's going to make me a +4" and swap this one out for the grand total of another $10. Good customer service!

A big thumbs-up to CeeBailey!

Top Bottom