[Review] Centech AP-2 Fuse Block

I just installed this unit over the past couple days. It is fairly straight forward to install. I also bought and installed the AP-130R Relay Kit. Together, they shipped to my door for about $95.00.

The fuse block can power up to five switched circuits, and an additional three unswitched circuits; that's where I power my GPS. From the relay, an orange wire connects to a switched circuit on the bike~~ I tapped into the rear running light harness, utilizing the white wire.

When I turn the ignition key ON, all five switched circuits are available. I have my Hondaline heated grips on a switched circuit, and also my heated chaps and jacket and gloves. Adding powered accessories is as simple as running wire to the fuse block, baring 1/4" and connecting the ground wire to the grounding buss side, and the power wire to the other side. All circuits are fused with blade fuses.

I have a voltmeter enroute vis UPS, along with some LED white running lights, and some red LED tails.

Bike
2010 Red NT700V
A fuse block is the next add-on for my NT. Was looking at the FZ-1 fuse block from fuseblocks.com and thought I would go that route but can be convinced to go with the Centech AP-2 if it's a better product. Don't know much about either. The FZ-1 has a 30 Amp relay already installed on the circuit board (I like that) and 6 positions on the output bus that can be used either way (switched or constant) depending on the fuse position. Any big advantage for one over the other that you can see?

Phil Tarman

Site Supporter
Bike
2010 Silver NT700VA (ABS)
The advantage to the FZ-1 that I think I see is that you can configure your circuits to be switched or not, and it has its own relay built in. To configure a circuit, all you do is move the fuse for that circuit from one side to the other. They all share one pole of the fuse, but switched circuits are on one side of that one, unswitched circuits or on the other.

OP
OP
Rotorhead
Only advantage I see is two more circuits for a total of eight, and both switched and unswitched circuits are available at the same time

RedLdr1

Site Supporter
I have a FZ-1 that is going in this week. One change to their installation guide, and possibly CenTechs, I suggest is to use a 12VDC 30AMP Circuit Breaker (CB) on the Input from the Battery instead of a 30AMP fuse. I have the same type 30AMP CB that I use to power the trailer brakes from my SUV, if it good enough to use for trailer brakes, it is good enough for the non-critical items my FZ-1... :) You can get a 12VDC 30AMP CB at most RV dealers for less than $5. I don't know if the 60AMP CB required for a CenTech would be open stocked but they should be available as well...

RedLdr1

Site Supporter
Note: Mellow just added this Sub Forum for Electrical Farkles so I moved this thread in to it since we are "farkling"...

I've been thinking about adding a FZ-1 to my bike. One question though, is the accessory wire under the left pocket where you connect the heated grips (haven't done that one...yet) a constant connection or is it switched?

Last edited:
OP
OP
Rotorhead
It would more than likely be switched, and will be inop with the ignition off. Otherwise, your heated grips, lleft on, might run the battery down. Hondaline has a built-in protection in their grips to preclude this very occurrance

Top Bottom