Site Supporter
Bike
2010 Silver NT700VA (ABS)
--> RSVP Here <--

Be there or be square!

2011 NT-Owners Club National Rally
Hill City, SD,
June 27 - July 1

There will be routes for some of the great rides in this beautiful area and some outstanding and unique attractions:

• Mt Rushmore
  • the Crazy Horse Monument
  • Devils Tower
  • Sturgis (without the 1/2-3/4 million Harley folks!)
  • caves
  • 19th century trains
We'll have a bike show, lots of tire-kicking, story-telling, friendship-building, and more of the kind of things people like us do when they get together.

Rally Central will be the Golden Spike Best Western Inn (see link below). Room rates will be (Gulp! Are you ready?) $140/night. Room sharing might be in order! To get that rate, mention "NT-Owners Club National Rally.

I need to have some idea of who's coming within a couple/three weeks to lock in this rate. You can cancel hotel reservations up to 15 days before the event if your world changes.

They have a banquet/meeting room that will seat 30-40 of us, so a guesstimate of attendees will be helpful in case we bust that number and need to arrange something bigger.

http://book.bestwestern.com/bestwestern/productInfo.do?propertyCode=42028

Last edited:

RedLdr1

Site Supporter
Cool! I am starting a new job in January so I don't know how vacations will work out but I'll try to make it...

OP
OP
Phil Tarman

Phil Tarman

Site Supporter
Bike
Good Lord willing, I'll be there. Maybe even a day early!
I'm sure I'll go up on Sunday. I won't get away from here till after church, so that won't get me there till fairly late in the day. Seems like I got there at about 8:00PM when I rode up for the COG Rally in '06.

Hi Phil, I am already obligated to be at the Freedom Rally in Algona on the weekend of the 4th. But I will definetly make it up to Hill City for a couple of days before that, Looking forward to meeting as many as possible. jim

SeattleJim

Thanks Phil for planning this. Excellent location for a rally especially NOT at the time of that other Black Hills/Sturgis get together.

According to Google Maps it's just 1,890 miles from my door to the rally site. So it's what -- a two day ride from here? I'd really consider attending but my wife and I just rode to the Black Hills in September. Enjoy!

Bike
Bonneville T120
Rally

Phil,
Great work. I think this is a great idea and the Black Hills is one of my happy places. I have two issues that will probably prevent me from coming. 1. Google maps tells me it is 2050 miles each way if I go through Canada and 2200 miles each way if I stay in the States. I don't think I can get away long enough. 2. My daughter just got engaged and is looking to a late June wedding. I really don't think I should skip it!
Maybe the second such rally in 2012!
Dan

Bike
2014 Black Yamaha Bolt
Phil,

Save me a T-Shirt! It's a bit of a ride from Palm Desert but the guys will be impressed if I show up with a Rally shirt on one of our rides next fall!

Dan:cool:

MAC

Hi Phil, thanks for stepping up.

The 4th of July week-end I have plans. Map-Quest tells me it is 1901.9 miles from the Ocean State to Hill City. This won't give me enough time to get back to take my Bride on our 3 day bike trip. So I will have to bow out of this Rally, hopefully I can make next year's.

I hope everone is safe and has fun.

OP
OP
Phil Tarman

Phil Tarman

Site Supporter
Bike
It'll probably be the Golden Spike Inn (I think it's a Best Western). I'll nail that down this week. IIRC, the Holiday Inn Express didn't have a restaurant.

MAC

Andy,
Dreming is good and the time to retire will be there before you know it. As people say, "I don't know how I had time to work" is very true with all the things you will do. I retired 6 years ago, it seems like 6 months and have not looked back once. I do carpentry and handyman stuff, that gets me out of the house and pays for toys, which we all need. LOL

How close are you?

Last edited:

NL7U

I have signed up as a "maybe", but, that being said......I travelled thru that area 2 years ago in the cage. The car's thermometer seemed to be stuck well over 100 degrees, at times even as high as 107!!! Maybe I had better re-think my "maybe".

OP
OP
Phil Tarman

Phil Tarman

Site Supporter
Bike
It is usually pretty cool in the Black Hills themselves. Get down onto I-90 and out east in the Badlands, and it is very likely going to be hot.

But remember, guys and gals, out here in the West, we've got a dry heat. :)

Last edited:
Bike
19 Versys 1K SE, 14 FJR
Might be able to catch it on the way back from WESTOC this year. Of course coming back from WESTOC, I will be on my ST. Hope that is OK.

Bike
2010 Red NT 700
Love to come out and meet people in the flesh, but we plan to be on a motorcycle travel adventure in Europe at that time. Flying to Prague where a former student and motorcycle enthusiasts has an FJR 1300 for our use. Have to be next year.

OP
OP
Phil Tarman

Phil Tarman

Site Supporter
Bike
Might be able to catch it on the way back from WESTOC this year. Of course coming back from WESTOC, I will be on my ST. Hope that is OK.

Chuck,

In my mind, which is all that counts because at this point this forum is as "official" as the NT-Owners Club gets and because I am the one organizing the Rally, all that it takes to be at the Rally and be welcome is the intention to join us and enjoy yourself. One of the things that has made COG (Concours Owners Group) such a great group for years is that there's no sort of membership test. You can ride anything and be welcome. You might get razzed about it, but you could take that. If you show up on an ST, you might cause the rest of us some envy, but you'd sure be welcome.

Top Bottom