Add On Digital Voltmeter

Phil Tarman

Site Supporter
Bike
2010 Silver NT700VA (ABS)
Hey, Joe!

I'm glad you posted this! I've been looking for a small, digital voltmeter. Plus, they've got an identically-sized thermometer. I've ordered them both. Now all I have to do is figure out a location for mounting and then slog my way through the terribly complicated process of hooking up two wires for each unit.

Last edited:

Phil Tarman

Site Supporter
Bike
It's worth joining the STOC Forum just to be able to read all of Joe's article about installing the meter.

I'm thinking I'll install my voltmeter and my thermometer in the left-side "speaker grill." That will guarantee that Honda will decide to import the sound system for the NT to the US next year. :)

Attachments

OP
OP
Mellow

Mellow

Admin
2024 Mileage
Bike
21 R1250RT
It's worth joining the STOC Forum just to be able to read all of Joe's article about installing the meter.

I'm thinking I'll install my voltmeter and my thermometer in the left-side "speaker grill." That will guarantee that Honda will decide to import the sound system for the NT to the US next year. :)
I'll re-post it here later so everyone can see the steps, even though it's for an ST it probably applies. Can't wait to see where you put yours Phil.

DirtFlier

Site Supporter
Bike
2010 Silver NT700V/ABS
It looks like a direct knock-off of a Datel Voltmeter which is quite a bit more costly.

Phil Tarman

Site Supporter
Bike
I'm thinking I'll put my digital voltmeter and my digital thermometer (same size, same source) in the left "speaker grill," thereby guaranteeing that Honda will import the sound system that's available for Deauvilles in Europe.

MAC

Phil,
Let us know how you mount them and how much work it was. Also if you could make a note on air flow changed coming through the vent. Thanks.

Last edited:

Phil Tarman

Site Supporter
Bike
I don't think any air comes out of the speaker grilles, and I don't think it comes out of the vents either. I haven't been able to feel any. I believe those are automobile styling notions.

elizilla

Someone on the VFR forum posted some nice looking analog voltmeters that were available from Honda Marine. I can't find the link right now but the pictures looked really nice - a good looking round bezel, fonts/colors that might match the stock instruments, and they say Honda on them. The cost was less than $20. I wrote the part numbers down but haven't tried to order yet. They are: 37450-ZW5-000ZA (black face), -000ZB (white face).

The trick is finding a flat spot with space behind, to mount them. The decorative vent louvres and speaker grills are useless and get in the way of farkles, darnit!

elizilla

Found the VFR forum thread with the analog voltmeter pictures, it is here.

Heh, the guy who posted it there says he got it from the ST forum. :)

Phil, I have ordered both these meters, so hurry up and post where you positiooned yours, and how you wished you'd done it differently <G>

Phil Tarman

Site Supporter
Bike
Don,

I thnk I'm going to put them into the left hand speaker grille.

It's starting to get cold here and it may be a week or two before I can work in my unheated garage.

Top Bottom