New 2016 Yamaha FJR

Bike
2011 NT, 01 Ultra, 04 VLX
cHRIS, YOU CAN ORDER THE Yamaha SERVICE MANUAL FROM YOUR Yamaha DEALER, SEEMS LIKE IT WAS ONLY ARROUND $50.00 TOOK ABOUT THREE WEEKS FOR MINE TO COME IN. mY ECH HAS MINE AS WE HAVE A THING ABOUT HIM KEEPING THE SERVICE MANUAL TO WORKONOTHER BKES AND THEY ARE ALWAYS AVAILIBLE O ME IF I NEED TO LOOK AT THEM.

eLDON

Coyote Chris

Site Supporter
Bike
10 Red NT 14 FJR, 17 XT
Well Chris, you are well on your way to Farkle Mania. Does not seem to ever end. I am still looking at what to put on my NT or Wee.
There is always the next big farkle you just have to have. Forums do not help save $$$ here..... Not to mention all the jackets, pants, helmets, gloves, boots, etc. my closet is full of bike gear! Don't think Linda has any idea of how much I have really spent on all this stuff and the bikes. And I am not going to tell her!

I have Louisiana State Trooper Association stickers on all my vehicles. Have supported them since 1980. Not that I am going to speed.....but they did save me from at least one ticket.

Farkle, Farkle, Farkle.......sounds like a turkey.
LMAO! I HATE Turkeys.....the gamey dept released a new species here in wa 15 years ago and more and they are now everywhere.....what a mess! Shoot 'em and give them to the prisons, I says.....
I could put WSP stickers on my vehicles but I have never had a ticket in my life and I like to drive like I dont like tickets....doesnt always work in the vast open areas of the rural west but I try.....
Once I had to take the radios out of a totaled WSP car after it hit a deer at night running code to the scene of an accident at high speed. The two unborn fawns were against the radiator......every time I think
about "openning her up just to see what she will do" I ask myself, "How badly do you want to spend time in an emergency room?"

Coyote Chris

Site Supporter
Bike
10 Red NT 14 FJR, 17 XT
cHRIS, YOU CAN ORDER THE Yamaha SERVICE MANUAL FROM YOUR Yamaha DEALER, SEEMS LIKE IT WAS ONLY ARROUND $50.00 TOOK ABOUT THREE WEEKS FOR MINE TO COME IN. mY ECH HAS MINE AS WE HAVE A THING ABOUT HIM KEEPING THE SERVICE MANUAL TO WORKONOTHER BKES AND THEY ARE ALWAYS AVAILIBLE O ME IF I NEED TO LOOK AT THEM.

eLDON
They are now about $100. I found one on Ebay for $50...its for an ES but I also bought the CD version of the A model

Coyote Chris

Site Supporter
Bike
10 Red NT 14 FJR, 17 XT
One of the reasons I like riding with my neighbor is that he is a LEO. When we go through any of the smaller towns we stop and talk to the local cops, sometimes have coffee with them. I also learn where they hang out :)
Many troops I have known ride....those who are motor units ususally dont ride much on their own time till they retire...

Tourguy

I'm seriously considering the FJR1300 again lately and have appreciated this thread but would like to read an assessment of the FJR by someone who has much riding experience with the NT for comparison [rides/owns both]. Perhaps Mr Coyote will honor me???
I REALLY want a sport touring bike that will offer more comfort, features, etc. without going to the weight and cost of the new 2018 Wing [which i think is wonderful]. I know, for myself, the weaknesses of the NT and would like just one more good bike before I become too decrepit. Thanks.

I REALLY want a sport touring bike that will offer more comfort, features, etc. without going to the weight and cost of the new 2018 Wing [which i think is wonderful]. I know, for myself, the weaknesses of the NT and would like just one more good bike before I become too decrepit.
So did I....and a couple of weeks ago I bought a 2 year old R1200RT with 9,000 miles on it. Time will tell if that was a good choice mechanically - but emotionally the decision was easy. I rented one of these bikes for 2 days when I was in Tucson, and I fell in love with the bike.

It is only a bit more than 610 pounds ready to ride with 3/4 a tank of fuel according to BMW.....with empty saddlebags mounted. So far I have not been able to ride it more than a few miles, as winter won't go away. I did have to order the low seat, as the stock seat is a bit too tall for my 30" inseam.

I have attached a photo of the one we rented in Tucson and it has the low seat mounted....the bike we purchased is bronze colored.

Attachments

Last edited:
Top Bottom