Has anyone considered the Honda NM4?

Kuna, Idaho a sparkling jewel in a park-like setti
I know that it is certainly odd looking but the NM4 has me intriged.
The combination of low seat height, integrated back-rest and the good fuel economy make it worthy of consideration.
The standard DCT is cool. I am not crazy about the chain though.

A local dealer (Southern Idaho) said that he has sold only one and won't order another one on speculaion alone.
He did have one cutomer order (then the customer moved to Arizona) but the sales staff drove it with very positive comments.

Has anyone had any experience with an NM4? Comments?

http://powersports.honda.com/cruiser/2016/nm4.aspx

SuperDave

mikesim

Site Supporter
Bike
NT700, Red, #989,
I would be embarrassed to be seen on it... JMO

Mike

Phil Tarman

Site Supporter
Bike
2010 Silver NT700VA (ABS)
I've looked at it and sat on it and it sure isn't a bike I'd buy. The "panniers" might hold as much as the NT's fairing pocket. It's ugly, IM0, and nothing about it looks particularly functional. I think it was designed to appeal to young anime'-inspired Japanese who are not motorcyclists.

RedLdr1

Site Supporter
After dealers were "stuck" with the 2010 DN-01 (Known as the Do Not Order 1) I'm not surprised they don't want to touch the NM4. Edgy, trendy bikes like that are hard to sell and too expensive for most of the kids who want one. At least the NM4's MSRP isn't quite as ridiculous as the DN-01 was but $11k is still a lot of money for a 700cc bike.

Last edited:

tawilke46

Saw a NM-4 at a Honda dealer in Chapel Hill, Florida. The only one I have ever seen for that matter. Sat on it for a while talking to the salesperson. Not my style either. But I am sure there are some who are attracted to it. More of a large scooter than a motorcycle. JMO.......

junglejim

Site Supporter
Bike
Tiger 800, NT sold
To add to the negatives it has a 65" wheel base. A real canyon caver (not a typo). But I'll bet it is stabil or maybe stabled.

Warren

Bike
2019 Yamaha XMAX
Reminds me of a recumbent bicycle and only, lets say, unique individuals rode those.

Bike
2015 R3, 2009 DN-01
For the money, I'd stay with the CTX700 series bike .... same as the NM4 but CHEAPER!! (A "helluva" lot easier to add "stuff" to!) I have 2 friends that own NM4s, they have each made changes to the bike because they were NOT happy as to how it came off the showroom floor!

Last edited:
Bike
2015 R3, 2009 DN-01
To add to the negatives it has a 65" wheel base. A real canyon caver (not a typo). But I'll bet it is stabil or maybe stabled.
I tend to agree with you about the "long" wheelbase. I own the NM4's ancestor ... the DN-01 and it too is "quite" stable at speed BUT "sucks" as to maneuverability (twisties).

Top Bottom