Larry Buck's Tail Brights

RedLdr1

Site Supporter
All,

Tail Brights have been around for other bikes, like the ST and Connie, for quite a while. Larry Buck made a few sets for the NT and Phil and I have been his "beta" bikes. Larry Buck had some concerns about their adhering to the pebble grain finish on the NT but I have experienced no problems with their coming loose or the the edges peeling.

Now just in time for Christmas Larry has agreed to release the NT Tail Brights for general purchase. They are not on his website Buck Sport Touring so you will need to give him a call at 561-417-3601 or e-mail him at LBuck@BuckSportTouring.com. They are priced at $28.00 a set.

The attached photos were taken in my garage, Phil may have some others, read better :eek: , that he can post. I think these are a great "passive" safety addition to the NT and recommend them to anyone concerned about being seen from the rear.

Tail Brights in Dark Garage http://www.flickr.com/people/wecnwise/

Tail Brights in Daylight lit Garagehttp://www.flickr.com/people/wecnwise/

MAC

Thanks Wayne that gives me an idea. I will viset the saftey product store near me to see if they have a roll. That way I can make some for the other guys I ride with.

OP
OP
RedLdr1

RedLdr1

Site Supporter
Eric,

They are kind of a low gloss matte black, and fairly inconspicuous on the bodywork, until light hits them...

Phil Tarman

Site Supporter
Bike
2010 Silver NT700VA (ABS)
Larry Buck's Tailbrights

One of the best non-electrical enhancements for making your ride visible at night is a set of Larry Buck's Tailbrights. See them here:

http://www.bucksporttouring.com/tailbrights.html

They show up a long way off and don't look enough like anything people are used to seeing to be easily ignored.

Tell Larry I sent you. He's a good guy and a freind of the sport.

Peace2U_2

the more visible i can become ....the better. i'm ordering these. thanks for the link Phil.

OP
OP
RedLdr1

RedLdr1

Site Supporter
How invisible are these in the daylight?
Depending on the angle of the light they usually just look like a "shiny" area on the black plastic, from other angles you can't "see" them without looking for them... Nothing dramatic like a Red / Orange / Yellow / White Hi-Viz DayGlow reflective tape.

OP
OP
RedLdr1

RedLdr1

Site Supporter
One of the best non-electrical enhancements for making your ride visible at night is a set of Larry Buck's Tailbrights. See them here: http://www.bucksporttouring.com/tailbrights.html

They show up a long way off and don't look enough like anything people are used to seeing to be easily ignored. Tell Larry I sent you. He's a good guy and a freind of the sport.
:worthless:

Post a couple of pictures of yours Phil! You had a couple good shots on the old forum...

Igo

I was wondering if it looks like a mass of tape on the back of the bike or does it simply blend in as to not look really tacky looking. I think it is a great idea.

OP
OP
RedLdr1

RedLdr1

Site Supporter
It blends very well in the day and lights up nicely at night. I like to have "passive" safety devices that a dead battery can't kill as well as the fancy electronic stuff....

Phil Tarman

Site Supporter
Bike
2010 Silver NT700VA (ABS)
Is the adhesive monster strong?

Mine have been on for about 9-10 months. I think I may have been the 2nd person to test them. I use a spray car-wash fairly regularly and one time, while I was rinsing the bike, the bottom edge of the left one came loose. I smoothed it back down with my hand and it hasn't come loose since. So, yes, I think it's pretty strong stuff.

OP
OP
RedLdr1

RedLdr1

Site Supporter
I was probably the third "field test" and mine have been doing just fine with no peeling issues. They are one of the best "passive" safety devices you can buy IMHO....

Igo

Installed today. Took 15 minutes. Easy to align. Rather inconspicuous. Thanks for the heads up gentlemen.

taldric

Mine are on the way as well. I think at the NTOC Rally we will need to have a competition for the "most farkled" bike, the most common farkle, the most un-common farkle, etc. This one will end up being a pretty common one (I hope) - it's fairly cheap, doesn't require power, and doesn't change anything about the ride of the bike.

Igo

So far I have zero electrical farkles. Where did the money go?

taldric

So far I have zero electrical farkles. Where did the money go?
How the heck have you managed that? LOL
I've installed heated grips, power plug, flash2pass, and yesterday an SAE power plug to hook up the battery minder and new electric tire air pump. And that's JUST the electrical ones!

Bike
2010 Silver NT700V (ABS)
Thanks for sharing Wayne. I just completed my order for these because we can never be same enough!

Top Bottom