New Honda Motorcycles

Bike
Black 2009 NT700
It has obviously borrowed from the NT with the built-in storage and is "ultra techy". It looks like it is from a "Star Wars" movie or similar. Perhaps is it Darth's new transport.
Some of the features are great (back rest/fuel economy/foot boards) but the panniers appear to be way too small (smaller inside than outside unlike the Tardis) compared to the NT and there appears to be no allowance for a top-box. It would not be capable of doing what my NT does now. I also happen to like changing gears and using the clutch. Finally, it is just too d..n ugly for me. I think that I would be embarrased to ride it.

Macka

Phil Tarman

Site Supporter
Bike
2010 Silver NT700VA (ABS)
I've seen and sat on one. It's awful, IMNSHO. "Panniers" might hold a PBJ sandwich. I don't think weather protection would be very good. It's an Anime' motorcycle, not good for much but show.

mikesim

Site Supporter
Bike
NT700, Red, #989,
Phil's too polite to say it, but it's "butt ugly"

;^)

MIke

Phil Tarman

Site Supporter
Bike
2010 Silver NT700VA (ABS)
You are right, Mike. Heck, I'll even say it: It's butt-ugly.

Bike
2010 Silver NT 700v
Everything in that first video looks pretty good, I'm digging that CB 1300 with the fairing or whatever it is. Very cool. I see one thing though that disturbs me very much , the cat on that beautiful Gold Wing , his sandals are hideous. YIKES!!

Bike
'10 NT 84 BMW R100RT Ural
NM4 is aimed at what market? Not a scooter, not a crosier, not a touring machine. Must a cost a few pennies to tool for this machine: wish money was spend on a mid size touring machine, of course with a low seat height. I do not think any manufacturer is make a mid size with good protection for elements. There are a few dual sports, sport machines, but I don't see a mid size touring machine.

Kuna, Idaho a sparkling jewel in a park-like setti
. . . . wish money was spend on a mid size touring machine, of course with a low seat height. .
Good timing on your comment. A Boise-area Honda dealer just reported that was what the CTX 700 was supposed to do. He was delivering a new CTX 700 DCT model to a 70+ year old gentleman. The manager mentioned that the DCT version with saddlebags and a tall windshield allowed some folks with less mobililty to re-enter the motorcycle market. The 28.5 inch seat height helped with that too.

I never thought much about that bike but it looked pretty good in blue with the windshield and saddlebags. Of course, the same thing could be said about the CTX 1300. At least Honda got the saddlebag latches correct on that one.

Super Dave

Warren

Bike
2019 Yamaha XMAX
Who would have thought the Grom would be a hit. Honda has never been afraid to try the unusual.

Bike
'10 NT 84 BMW R100RT Ural
I don't thing the weather protection is there on the CTX. I know there are lots of good motorcycles with chains, but I would prefer not to have a chain drive. I do like the DCT transmission. and removable bags. I guess my BMW R100RT has fixated me on shaft and bags.

Bike
2010 NT700V
Went with friends to to the International Motorcycle Show in NYC last week. They didn't have the prototype Neowing, (the three wheeler), but from what I have read it might be nice to have when I'm in my late 70's. What's neat about it is the front tilts like a two wheeler. Unlike the Can Am or a trike.

Bike
2015 R3, 2009 DN-01
NM4 is aimed at what market? Not a scooter, not a crosier, not a touring machine. Must a cost a few pennies to tool for this machine: wish money was spend on a mid size touring machine, of course with a low seat height. I do not think any manufacturer is make a mid size with good protection for elements. There are a few dual sports, sport machines, but I don't see a mid size touring machine.

Not much tooling for the NM4 .... took the CTX 700 and slapped on a different body, added 3K to the price and POOF, you have an NM4. Not my idea of a cost effective bike!

Top Bottom