4 Way Flashers for the NT?

tawilke46

Has anyone looked at or attempted to add a four way flasher to the NT? Is it possible?
I added the Skene Design P3 rear brake, turnsignal light on the Wee. The programmable emergency flasher is really nice. Three different brake flash settings, three different emergency flasher settings. These lights are very bright! Can't miss these suckers! Quality product......I like them!

Was thinking a while ago looking at the NT wishing it had four way flasher capability. Already have enough lights on the back, but sure would like to figure out how to get them to four way flash without spending $125 for another P3 system.

http://www.lights.skenedesign.com/P3_Features.shtml

Click on the video button at the bottom.

Kinda dumb not having emergency flashers on the NT.
All motorcycles shoud have 4 ways, and ABS brakes. Minimum.

Last edited:

mikesim

Site Supporter
Bike
NT700, Red, #989,
IIRC, the Deauville has four-way flashers from the factory. Perhaps one of the gents from the Deauville forum will share how it is done by Honda.
Mike

JQL

Growing old disgracefully
Bike
2010 NT700 & 2019 FJR1300
It may be just as simple as changing the switch gear.

The later (>2009) European models have Hazard Warning Lights as standard and they are controlled by the right hand switchgear. It's number 4 on this fiche: 2010 Deauville Switchgear

You'll need to check the US manual to see if the wiring elsewhere is different.

OP
OP
tawilke46

tawilke46

Thanks Wayne, will check this out. Though for a little more $$, ($125), you can get the P3 setup. But the Skene P3's will require removal of rear fender to run wires and hook up. So more work is involved. Flip is they work extremely well and have more programmable features. Did I say they are bright?!
The Kisan looks to be a far easier install.

RedLdr1

Site Supporter
Tim,

I use Hyper-lites on my bikes for very bright LED add on turn and brake lights...IIRC I added those before the SM-3R. I went with Kisan as it was "plug and play" and didn't require any additional mods, except the ground bolt I added. I removed the rear fender once and that was enough of that for me!

Last edited:
OP
OP
tawilke46

tawilke46

Some pics of my install of the P3 system on the Wee. As you see in a couple of photos, had to remove the rear fender, and unplug two connectors to get to the wires needed to posi-tap into. Would have to do mostly the same to the NT to complete a P3 install. That would be a real PITA.

Attachments

Last edited:
OP
OP
tawilke46

tawilke46

Well, after thinking about it for a while, decided to go with the Kisan module. Much easier and quicker install.
Got one on order.
Thanks again Wayne.

RedLdr1

Site Supporter
Got one on order.
You're welcome...I'm always happy to spend other peoples money! :rofl1: Just carefully read the "gotcha's" in my post. Some of the directions aren't really clear and some of it, like the front running lights, works but not very well due to the single filament bulb configuration Honda used.....

Top Bottom