Yamaha Manuals

RedLdr1

Site Supporter
So far, I think the Feejer is looking to be masculine, but it hasnt hit puberty yet.....
Go out on a open, straight, deserted road and slowly crank open the throttle while doing 55MPH in Fourth gear. :eek1: You'll hit puberty, and a few other feeling between it and old age, very quickly....:wink: Just don't over do and hit something more than a feeling...

PS: Bringing clean underwear is optional but highly suggested. Just don't end up like Sammy Hagar....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RvV3nn_de2k

OP
OP
Coyote Chris

Coyote Chris

Site Supporter
Bike
10 Red NT 14 FJR, 17 XT
Go out on a open, straight, deserted road and slowly crank open the throttle while doing 55MPH in Fourth gear. :eek1: You'll hit puberty, and a few other feeling between it and old age, very quickly....:wink: Just don't over do and hit something more than a feeling...

PS: Bringing clean underwear is optional but highly suggested. Just don't end up like Sammy Hagar....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RvV3nn_de2k
You know what's funny? I spent about 30 miles testing out my new plus 5 CB windscreen the other day , at various positions and speeds, checking for buffeting, etc, and my mind was put to rest about the bike "overpowering" me. I was worried that the thing would get away from me under hard acceleration, wheelie out of control, etc, but even though I didnt go past the break in rpm, and the bike is certainly spirited, I think the power level is very manageable. My C10 is very powerful too but of course not this powerful, and
that power never got me into trouble over 10 years.....this bike is just fine....my only regret is not buying it in 2014 right after I got my NT....but its gonna be lots of fun......
Chris who can have fun going 50 mph through Yellowstone NP.

RedLdr1

Site Supporter
Power is never the problem...how you use that power is what the problem is....:wink: When I took the MSF Better Biking Class back in the mid-80's they had a excellent suggestion: "When in doubt, power out". I haven't heard that in several classes now...too "unsafe" for them now days I suppose. Having the power to evade a situation is just as good as having the brakes to stop, or swerving ability to avoid...they all work.

Top Bottom