[Review] My thoughts on the Honda Wind Deflectors

Bike
2010 Red NT700V
In a word, Awesome! In a few more words, really work well.

I should probably note that I ride every day, rain of shine.

A few days after I bought the NT (middle of January) we had a day pretty much exactly like today. Clear, dry, no wind and about 36?. I had not yet installed the wind deflectors and I wore my middleweight gloves. On my old GL500I SilverWing they would have been no problem but on the NT my hands froze. I had to stop and put on my heavy gloves after about a mile. Fast forward to this morning. Pretty much exactly the same, clear, dry, no wind and about 36?. I put my light non-lined warm weather leather gloves as a test. At mile 3 of my commute I have a choice to turn right and go 2 more miles to work or go straight for about 7 more very pleasant back country miles before getting to work. I went straight. At no time did my hands feel uncomfortably cold! A bit chilly yes but I never felt I should stop and put anything warmer on.

So, to sum up - The Honda Wind Deflectors really do work very well at directing the air flow around your hands! Very impressed and they are worth every penny if you ride in cold weather.

Phil Tarman

Site Supporter
Bike
2010 Silver NT700VA (ABS)
You've got to believe that Honda spent some time in the wind tunnel developing the wind deflectors. The only time they haven't worked real well for me was one day when I was riding up to Wheatland, WY, in freezing fog. The "slot," the space between the fairing and the wind deflector got blocked by frozen fog and then the wind started curling around the deflector and hitting my hands. I needed a deicer boot on the leading edge of the wind deflector. :)

Top Bottom