2006 Honda Intercepter 800 VFR

Bike
2009 BMW R1200RT
Thought somebody would wanna know...
What a great bike.
I only know what I've read about the Interceptor/VFR, and I don't know if this price is good...
Probably too much bike for an idiot like me...it sure is pretty though...

Bear

Bike
2010 NT-700 V Red
It's a great bike. If I did not have the NT, that is what I would be riding. The tipping point for the NT was the shaft drive. The VFR 800 is really fast.

Phil Tarman

Site Supporter
Bike
2010 Silver NT700VA (ABS)
I've got a good friend who rode an ST1100 for ten or twelve years who's just gone to an older VFR800 because of weight. I've tried getting on one but can't bend my legs far enough to get my feet (especially the right one) onto the footpeg. And I wouldn't want chain care, no matter how little trouble it is. It's still more care than the shaft.

Bike
2011 NT, 01 Ultra, 04 VLX
I must sgtrr with Phil regarding the Chsin are issue, but if you can live with that Thr VFR is quick and sure footed especially in the twisties, . I would imagine that having one would be about the same as NT, FJR, WING. etc 2500 to /44,000.00 after purchasing it and it would be a good ride and probably fit the owner well enough to travel far and fast on,

Acturally a high quality chain with good sproclets will give you 2-30,000 miles with msybr 4 chsin sfjudymrnyd providing youkeep it well lubed , of course you have to accept the fact that you will spend a lot of time keeping rear wheel and surrounding area clean and shiney unless you are like me and buy it to ride hard and put away dirty and :Dlet the chain fly off goop build and accumulate character.:)

Bike
My local Hinda dealer has a 2010 VFR 1200 still brand new never rridden etc, but he is still very proud of it at $17.000 listed price!

It could almost tempt me if I was of a mind to get REPLACEMNT FOR THE fjr; butt i DON'T THINK IT IS IN THE CARDS.
AND THAT IS A AUFFUL LOT OF DOLLARS FOR A IKE THAT DOESNT HAVE NEAR AS MANY FACTORY INSTALLED FARKLES AS A NEW BOX STOCK FJR!

Bike
1984 Moto Guzzi T5
Our local dealer is same way. 1200 VFR that he still wants list price for it. It's been there what, 5 or 6 years? Wow. If it wasn't so ugly I'd be tempted to get one.

Phil Tarman

Site Supporter
Bike
2010 Silver NT700VA (ABS)
Our local dealer is same way. 1200 VFR that he still wants list price for it. It's been there what, 5 or 6 years? Wow. If it wasn't so ugly I'd be tempted to get one.
I agree with you about the looks of the VFR 1200, Charlie. Plus its fuel capacity limits its cruising range.

Bear

Bike
2010 NT-700 V Red
I've got a good friend who rode an ST1100 for ten or twelve years who's just gone to an older VFR800 because of weight. I've tried getting on one but can't bend my legs far enough to get my feet (especially the right one) onto the footpeg. And I wouldn't want chain care, no matter how little trouble it is. It's still more care than the shaft.
The problem with Sportbikes is the seat height. For those of us who have a small inseam, getting one's leg over the bike can be a real issue--not to mention being able to flat foot the bike at stops. My PT has been paying off and I can now get on and off my NT with ease. That really makes me happy because I really like the bike and have it set up the way I want it.

Bike
Makes you wonder what market segment Honda was aiming for with the VFR1200.
I agree with both of you BUT Phil, the fuel problem is easily curedas you know! Charlie , I agree our resoective dealers are on the same page! I would possibly get somewhat serious with him about the one here IF the cards should happen to fall into place! I do doubt that he will match prices with a FJR but I might try to find out depending on what happens in MaY AND June.

iN YOUR CASE IT WOULD MAKE A NICE STABLEMATE FOR THE MOTO
GUZZIE,( SPELLING?)

Bike
YOU ARE RIGHT aLEX, BUT A SET OF LOWERING LINKS AND A CHANGE OF FORK TUBES POSITION AS WELL AS HANDLEBARS AND SEAT CAN MAKE A WORLD OF DIFFERANCE!

eLDON

Bike
1984 Moto Guzzi T5
Eldon,

If I was a 'more than one bike' person I'd probably have something like a VFR800 or F800ST or a Bandit or some other more sporting mount. Yep, it might even be something with a (GASP) chain. :)

But, I like having just one bike and right now I can't see anything that gives me the benefits the 30yr old Guzzi has. I suspect that one day I will move to something like an RT but it won't be anytime soon.

Top Bottom