Givi B47 or B37

Bike
2010 NT700V Red
Has anyone mounted either of these Givi top cases to their NT? They both come with a universal mounting plate. Thanks Jim / Oldtimer

OP
OP
oldtimer
Bike
2010 NT700V Red
Tim thanks for sharing your pics. I did talk with my dealer about the Honda top case and they told me it was made by Givi, so it would be cheaper through them, but I forgot to ask what was the Givi model number. Maybe someone knows. Does the Honda case use the Givi mount or does Honda have there own mount? Your Honda case seems to sit lower than some Givi cases I have seen. I did look at the link to the Givi E221 rack mount and to me it looks like the case would sit higher with this mount. Maybe Givi offers other mounts in addition to their universal mount..

Bike
2010 Red NT700
Does the Honda case use the Givi mount or does Honda have there own mount?
The Honda box is a one off for Honda and the mounting plate etc is unique to the NT700. Varying opinions on the design of the plate, but mine has 49,000 miles of riding with no problems.

Not sure but you might save money buying a Givi and get more storage room out of it.

If mine ever does break I'm thinking of mounting a Pelican case

Phil Tarman

Site Supporter
Bike
2010 Silver NT700VA (ABS)
If mine ever does break I'm thinking of mounting a Pelican case
There's an NT here in Greeley that has a tackle box that looks a lot like a Pelican mounted on the NT's rack. It looks good and was cheap. I can't remember what brand the tackle box was.

Bike
2010 Red NT700
I saw a YouTube video of a guy who had foregone top boxes altogether. He mounted a sturdy kitchen cutting board that he could bungee anything he wanted to the board

karl

Site Supporter
Bike
2010 Silver NT700VAA
Settled for a givi on mine ad really like it. Fits two large full face lids when my lady comes along or a bunch of stuff on my commute.

OP
OP
oldtimer
Bike
2010 NT700V Red
Karl. Love the snow picture.. Hopefully its all melted now. Our son lives in Portland and what a great area to ride. It looks like you have a V47 with the Honda specific mounting rack? I assume you also have the passenger back rest pad. Does this give the passenger a comfortable riding position? I thought I had read on some forum that the mounting position made the rider sit too far forward or backward, and there wasn't any forward / backward adjustment to accommodate different passenger sizes. Thanks. Jim / Oldtimer

Top Bottom