Fuse type

Phil Tarman

Site Supporter
Bike
2010 Silver NT700VA (ABS)
Good question, Chris. The only fuse I've ever blown was in my Fuzeblock when one of my Denalis developed a leak and filled up with water in Newfoundland. The Fuzeblock had the mini-ATM fuse.

JQL

Growing old disgracefully
Bike
2010 NT700 & 2019 FJR1300
Blade fuses. That's their name in Europe don't know the US name.

DirtFlier

Site Supporter
Bike
2010 Silver NT700V/ABS
I don't know the letter designation but they're the mini type of blade fuses.

Warren

Bike
2019 Yamaha XMAX
I believe the OEM fuses are the larger ATC fuses. My accessory fuse block uses the smaller ATM fuses.

Phil Tarman

Site Supporter
Bike
2010 Silver NT700VA (ABS)
Chris, the ATC fuse ATC fuse has a fuse element that is closed or sealed inside the plastic housing and the ATO fuse has a fuse element that is open or exposed on the bottom of the fuse between the blades.

I guess you probably knew that, but I'm like you, I don't know why one is open and the other's closed.

OP
OP
Coyote Chris

Coyote Chris

Site Supporter
Bike
10 Red NT 14 FJR, 17 XT
Chris, the ATC fuse ATC fuse has a fuse element that is closed or sealed inside the plastic housing and the ATO fuse has a fuse element that is open or exposed on the bottom of the fuse between the blades.

I guess you probably knew that, but I'm like you, I don't know why one is open and the other's closed.
Yeah, I read that.....dont know why anyone would want an open one.

OP
OP
Coyote Chris

Coyote Chris

Site Supporter
Bike
10 Red NT 14 FJR, 17 XT
That is how mine was as well... ATC for OEM and ATM in my Fuzebox...
Warren, RedLdr1, Mike is correct. I changed out my main battery today and low and behold, one of the fuse compartments was right over the battery, and it was full of ATM fuses. ATMs are 11 mm long, ATCs are 19mm. Maybe there is more than one fuse block?
My bike doesnt have anti lock brakes. The VA bike looks to have another fuse compartment but in the book they look like ATMs also. Dont know what size the main fuse is....

Top Bottom