Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: National V-Stream Winshield

2017 Miles:
    My Gallery

National V-Stream Winshield

Admittedly, I am a slow learner. Therefore, I went through two Cee Bailey +6s that shattered or cracked before I tried something else.

Next was the Laminar Lip - which actually worked quite well, except it is ugly and very difficult to clean where the Lip joins the windshield.

I had wondered about the V-Stream from sometime, but I have auxiliary lights mounted on the mirror brackets and wasn't sure the V-Stream would clear them. I took the leap, bought one - and it fits perfectly.

I've had it on the bike for a month or so, but only recently was able to test it on a longer ride. A two day, 700 mile ride convinced me I've made a good purchase. It keeps the wind off just was well as my old 6+ Cee Bailey, and I don't even have the V-Stream in the topmost position. I'm six foot, with Heli-bar risers on the NT, so I sit in a very upright position. I didn't notice any optical distortion, except in the very lowest places that I'm not going to be looking through anyway.

Now - to see how it does long-term. The Cee Bailey's were fine until they broke after prolonged riding. We'll see how the V-Stream does. I know it is manufactured from polycarbonate rather than acrylic. We'll see if that makes any difference.

› Site Search for: National V-Stream Winshield
    Doug
    "Too soon we get old. Too late we get smart."
    IBA #60874, SS1000, BB1500

My Gallery

Re: National V-Stream Winshield

I don't have a problem with my stock shield height-wise, but I would like to know if any shield covers a wider area. IOW- does anything shield your shoulders or arms better? Or am I looking for the impossible?
    Last edited by Vintage; 05-15-2016 at 12:19 AM.

My Gallery

I had wondered about the V-Stream for sometime.
    I've had it on the bike for a month or so, but only recently was able to test it on a longer ride. A two day, 700 mile ride convinced me I've made a good purchase. It keeps the wind off just was well as my old 6+ Cee Bailey, and I don't even have the V-Stream in the topmost position. I'm six foot, with Heli-bar risers on the NT, so I sit in a very upright position. I didn't notice any optical distortion, except in the very lowest places that I'm not going to be looking through anyway.[/QUOTE]

Hi Comanche:
    I still use the stock shield on my NT but want to change it out due to head buffeting, etc. I have been looking at the National V-Stream for a little while now. I like the what you were saying about the shield providing protection without being in the top position. I believe I read a post on this forum where somebody wrote that the National V-Stream Shield did a very good job of substantially reducing the head buffeting. I will probably pull the trigger very soon.
    2011 NT700VA, 2014 Triumph Trophy SE

Site Supporter
    (Threadstarter)
    2017 Miles:
    My Gallery

Quote Originally Posted by Vintage View Post
    I don't have a problem with my stock shield height-wise, but I would like to know if any shield covers a wider area. IOW- does anything shield your shoulders or arms better? Or am I looking for the impossible?
    Yes, it does. It keeps the wind off my shoulders better than the stock, and about the same as my old Cee Bailey.

Is that windshield taller and or wider than the stock shield? Does anyone know if it is available in a light or dark grey smoke tint?
    Will be replacing my stock shield, but not sure which brand to go with. Friend of mine has suggested "Gustofson".
    All states I have ridden in since 1967, on 35 motorcycles.

2017 Miles:
    My Gallery

I haven’t heard of the “Gustofson” shield. My CeeBailey +4” screen has worked fine for me – except for the fact that this is my 3rd one in 113,000 miles. Two have cracked and when this one does, I’ll try the V-Stream windshield.
    Phil Tarman
    Greeley, CO
    NT700VA 2010 SN #0079 -- "Dudley" -- 125,000+ Miles
    IBA # 5811: SS1000(X3), BB1500, BBG
    2013 Four Corners Tour Finisher # 70
    Read about the "Epic Ride" at: www.ptarman1.com

I mis spelled the name. They are located in St. Augustine, Fla.
    Had one on a Buell S2 back in the 90s.
    http://bikescreen.com

Site Supporter
    (Threadstarter)
    2017 Miles:
    My Gallery

Quote Originally Posted by Electraclyde View Post
    Is that windshield taller and or wider than the stock shield? Does anyone know if it is available in a light or dark grey smoke tint?
    Will be replacing my stock shield, but not sure which brand to go with. Friend of mine has suggested "Gustofson".
    They have both a light tint and a dark tint.

The V-Stream is taller than the OEM screen and it is wider, particularly up near the shoulder area.

My Gallery

I got a V Stream about a year ago and it has the best quiet zone on any bike I have ever had. I replaced a Cee Bailey after it cracked on a day of higher speed driving.

My Gallery

Well I had a look at National Cycle's site, and the V-Stream is over 5 inches wider at the top than stock, and is 4 inches taller.
    So, of course I ordered one! Thanks Doug, from my Visa account!

+ New Posts
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast