Yesterday I rode an NT700V today I ride a Deauville....

Bike
2010 Red NT700V
At least that the story may panniers say. I hadn't seen a photo of one stock size pannier lid and one of the bigger lids so here you go

One_Large.jpg

It really is a LOT BIGGER! Gives the rear end of the bike a more muscular look too.

Two_Large.jpg

20160517_070010.jpg

Warren

Bike
2019 Yamaha XMAX
I have been riding with the large lids for so long I forgot how compact it is with the small lids

Bike
2009 BMW R1200RT
Looks great!
What was the total $ with shipping, etc...
How long did it take after you ordered them?

Bike
1984 Moto Guzzi T5
Those large lids are worth every penny. And if you compare, the bike is still wwaaayyy slimmer than any other bike out there with similar size cases.

Don't forget to reinforce the latch areas.

OP
OP
Rand soper
Bike
2010 Red NT700V
I ordered them May 3rd, and they arrived May 16th. The red lids aren't listed on their website but they have them. They are also the cheapest by quite a bit!

Order information
1 x 08L52MEW881 - LARGE PANNIER LID SE*D (340.08) - 340.08
Total: 340.08
Delivery: 17.00
Total: 357.08
All prices are in US Dollars

Bike
2010 NT700V
I bought my large lids from David Silvers also. I live an hour away from their warehouse in Hanover, Pa., so I drove down and picked them up. I bought the black ones and had them painted. Cost $150.00 for a body shop to paint them. I also got an impromptu tour of the warehouse. In the basement there were at least 150 classic Japanese bikes. They buy them, clean them up and either take them to a Mecum auction or ship them to the UK where they are in high demand and get a better price.

As far as latches, I eliminated the latch system all together and installed locking draw latches on both sets of lids. So, all I have to do is unbolt the hinges and switch lids. No more issues with those cheesie plastic mounts. I bought the latches on eBay, just search for Southco draw latches.
image.jpg

ett

Do the larger panniers have a higher weight capacity ?
Do the latches of the larger panniers tend to break any more than the stock panniers ?
How do the larger panniers affect ability to lane split or filter ?

--ET

Bike
2010 NT700V
Do the latches of the larger panniers tend to break any more than the stock panniers ?

--ET
The latches on the large lids use the same locking system. Take a look at my previous post and see how to eliminate the entire latch issue. BB

OP
OP
Rand soper
Bike
2010 Red NT700V
The lids are factory red. They come with a sticker you can put inside that says that the weight limit is 5kg - 11lbs Same as the originals. The right side lid comes with slightly shorter stays as the bigger lid comes closer to the exhaust when open. I left the longer original ones on but will pay close attention when it is open and the bike is hot.

Phil Tarman

Site Supporter
Bike
2010 Silver NT700VA (ABS)
All the stuff you can buy from David Silver Spares is "new" factory stuff. (I guess they'd call it NOS, New Old Stock, by now). They carry quite a bit of parts for the bike, including the OEM undercowl which can't be purchased in the US except through David Silver Spares.

OP
OP
Rand soper
Bike
2010 Red NT700V

--ET
The large panniers are 30" wide - the mirrors, with the wind guards, are 38" wide so splitting lanes should not be a problem

Bike
2020 Kawasaki Versys
Hi, how is the color match
I think my red big lids have a very slight color difference. I believe it to be just a different paint batch. I never noticed the color difference till 4 years or so later. I think it has sun faded at a different rate than the original painted parts. It is so minor I still have a hard time seeing the difference in color.
I would need to wash it up first.

Brad

Top Bottom