WV NT Gathering, May 18-21, 2017, Davis WV

WVRider

Site Supporter
Bike
Silver 2010 NT700V
9 members gathered in Davis, WV to enjoy some spectacular riding in the mountains of WV. A couple of the members chose to hit some of the dirt roads in the area while 7 of us enjoyed some great roads and beautiful scenery.

I posted my pics in an album on here. Let me know if there is any problem getting to them.

http://www.nt-owners.org/forums/album.php?albumid=551

Woodaddict

Site Supporter
2024 Mileage
Bike
Red NT700V & Spyder RTL
wow, what a fun time with all! my round trip was 1,233 miles. Duane is a WV guru, with all his knowledge of that area. he is now tied with Phil (mc knowledge)for knowing a lot about our country. you know, where to ride, i've been there, etc, talk.
got into rain at WV/VA border, then all the way home,and then on my ride to work tonight.
PS, I'm not picking on him, just so interesting to listen to all the places he has been to or knows about!!

Last edited:

Phil Tarman

Site Supporter
Bike
2010 Silver NT700VA (ABS)
Thanks for sharing the pictures! I'm glad you had such good weather and sure wish I could have been there with you. Maybe next year!

David, Duane sure doesn't have to go far to pass me about mc knowledge. I'll admit I talk a good game, but I'm pretty sure he knows more.

It's really great to have someone with local knowledge in a state like WV where the back roads are so interesting and complex.

OP
OP
DirtFlier

DirtFlier

Site Supporter
Bike
2010 Silver NT700V/ABS
It was another great NT Gathering and unlike last year, predicted snow did not end it a day early. WVRider (aka: Duane) led rides on both Friday and Saturday and we did 230+ miles each day. Bicyclist (aka: George) was a first time attendee and went in search of dirt roads with Bob where they found real adventure in the muck. Welcome George!

Sunday was also a great day and we didn't get any rain until we crossed well into OH and almost to I-70. We towed our bikes to Davis - a trial run for my trailering to CO next month - so the slab was the best way home. I hope everyone made it home before inclement weather arrived.

Next year we're 90% sure we'll move our gathering to North Bend State Park in WV and it's about 20-miles south of the Ohio River, in the general area of Marietta OH/Parkersburg WV. If you're looking for it on the map, find I-77 through Parkersburg, go east on US 50 for 20 miles and you'll find the park. It has a lodge/with rooms & nice restaurant, plus cabins, and camping in the area just below the main building and parking lot. Similar to Davis, that area is abundant with great roads - OH 26 and WV 16 being just two!

Last edited:

WVRider

Site Supporter
Bike
Silver 2010 NT700V
Duane is a WV guru, with all his knowledge of that area. he is now tied with Phil (mc knowledge)for knowing a lot about our country. you know, where to ride, i've been there, etc, talk.
PS, I'm not picking on him, just so interesting to listen to all the places he has been to or knows about!!
LOL don't know I could rival Phil's knowledge of riding areas. He put me on to a few in CO. However, thanks for the kudos Dave. I always enjoy sharing roads, routes, sights I have found along the way. I've been riding these hills in WV and SE Ohio for many years and still find new roads from time to time like this past week. A few of those roads I had never been on before and did a bunch of investigating to put them in the route. All were a pleasure to ride.

Phil Tarman

Site Supporter
Bike
2010 Silver NT700VA (ABS)
One thing I wondered about: Should you rename this event? It looks like it's the WV 2010 NT Gathering. If some poor soul who owns a 2011 NT wanted to come, would you let him/her?

Great pictures - great scenery - great roads - great restaurants. So what's not to like! Maybe a list of all who attended would help place a name with a face.

Wendell

WVRider

Site Supporter
Bike
Silver 2010 NT700V
One thing I wondered about: Should you rename this event? It looks like it's the WV 2010 NT Gathering. If some poor soul who owns a 2011 NT wanted to come, would you let him/her?
bicyclist brought his CRS to do dirt roads and others have come with Suzuki's, Triumph's, etc. so by all means an actual NT would received a gold certificate :rofl1:

OP
OP
DirtFlier

DirtFlier

Site Supporter
Bike
2010 Silver NT700V/ABS
[...Maybe a list of all who attended would help place a name with a face...Wendell]

WVRider (Duane/Parkerburg WV), DirtFlier (Tosh/Troy OH), Debbie (Debbie/Columbus OH), Cnille (Barry/Richmond VA), Woodaddict (Dave/NC), Sojourn (Gary/Galax/NC), Bob (Bob/PA), NoVaChris (Chris/VA), and Bicyclist (George/DC).

Names in bold type are regular posters on our NT-list. It's a great group!

Last edited:
Top Bottom