WV NT Gathering, May 18-21, 2017, Davis WV

Mellow

Admin
2024 Mileage
Bike
21 R1250RT
Phil Tarman - my mileage icon should say 50K because I passed that point more than a year ago and you did sent me a 50k sticker. Please make the change for me. :-
Asking for a sticker isn't the same as requesting the award on the site - in the awards section there's a link to request that award. I just updated your account.

Phil Tarman

Site Supporter
Bike
2010 Silver NT700VA (ABS)
Like Mellow says, Dirtflier. He's got you covered. I'm sure hoping I can make it to Davis in mid-May. It's gonna' depend on how the knee heals, but for right now, I'm planning on it. I put it on the calendar at work (part-time chaplain for Hospice of Northern Colorado) this morning.

OP
OP
DirtFlier

DirtFlier

Site Supporter
Bike
2010 Silver NT700V/ABS
[...in the awards section there's a link to request that award. I just updated your account...]

Thanks!

OP
OP
DirtFlier

DirtFlier

Site Supporter
Bike
2010 Silver NT700V/ABS
I just made reservations at the Alpine Lodge and we'll arrive on Thursday May 18 and depart on Sunday May 21.

Crazy as it sounds, I'll pull our NTs there on a trailer from Columbus OH because it's a shakedown run for towing to MSTA STAR in Colorado Springs about 3-weeks later and this way I won't have to cross Kansas from the seat of bike for the umpteenth time! This will be my first experience in "trailering" to an event.

If you're thinking about attending the NT Gathering in Davis and want to stay at the hotel, please call: 304-259-5245. The local campgrounds won't be open for another few weeks.

Last edited:
I am planning on being there but making reservations two months in advance is too much for me. At my age planning for the weekend is risky.

junglejim

Site Supporter
Bike
Tiger 800, NT sold
Well I was thinking I could make it again this year, but another conflict has ruined my plan. I'm out.

Phil Tarman

Site Supporter
Bike
I was hoping to make it, but at the rate the knee is healing, I'm guessing that this trip may be a little too much, too soon.

OP
OP
DirtFlier

DirtFlier

Site Supporter
Bike
2010 Silver NT700V/ABS
[...I was hoping to make it, but at the rate the knee is healing, I'm guessing that this trip may be a little too much, too soon...Phil]

This might be a good time to buy a small trailer for towing your NT to events. Although I do wish you a full and speedy recovery, perhaps your days of taking Iron Butt type, epic rides is not such a good idea? I'm only trailering to CO to avoid having to cross Kansas yet again on 2-wheels but I can honestly see more trailering in my future.

Neither of us are spring chickens! :)

Bike
Honda NT700V
I'm only trailering to CO to avoid having to cross Kansas yet again on 2-wheels
I've been taking 36 across Kansas. It's a lot more pleasant than the interstate and bypasses St Louis and Kansas City.

Somebody on the ADV forum posted about towing to Death Valley for a winter trip and caused a rising chorus of guys who approve of trailering to avoid the long, boring slab drone. Funny, we used to sneer at the Harley boys who "took their bike for a ride" on a trailer, but now it's making more sense.:smile:

OP
OP
DirtFlier

DirtFlier

Site Supporter
Bike
2010 Silver NT700V/ABS
I've taken US 36, east to west, from Hannibal MO to I-70 just east of Denver.. It's pretty flat, straight, and boring. Often times my GPS would show a town ahead but once there all I found was a crossroads.

Last edited:
OP
OP
DirtFlier

DirtFlier

Site Supporter
Bike
2010 Silver NT700V/ABS
Besides myself, Debbie and WVRider (Duane), who else is planning to attend the gathering in Davis?

It's now only 6-weeks away! :)

Mellow

Admin
2024 Mileage
Bike
21 R1250RT
It is out-of-date because of the always changing minds.
BUT it is what we have.
And it doesn't hurt to remind us.
Well, yeah... the tool/function is only as good if it's being utilized... it's the best thing we have for keeping some type of attendance list going.

OP
OP
DirtFlier

DirtFlier

Site Supporter
Bike
2010 Silver NT700V/ABS
Mellow,

Thanks for reminding me about the RSVP list because I forgot all about it. We have 6 (really 7) for "yes" and 4 for "maybe." Debbie is coming with me but I don't know her NT handle. And I'm sure WVRider (Duane) will be there since this is in his backyard.

Phil Tarman is on the maybe list and I'm fairly sure he's become a "No" after we scolded him about trying to ride so soon after surgery. :)

Phil Tarman

Site Supporter
Bike
Phil Tarman is on the maybe list and I'm fairly sure he's become a "No" after we scolded him about trying to ride so soon after surgery.
Whether you had scolded me or not, I'd be a "No," because the very earliest I'll be able to ride would be the afternoon of the 10th of May. I've got a 1:30PM appointment with my orthopod, and I won't be out of there until 3:30 or 4:00. I don't think I'd be ready to ride to WV in the 1/2 week before I'd need to leave. :-(

Bike
2010 NT700v Metallic Red
Sounds like a lot of fun.

Wish I could go, but I have a couple of weddings to attend, including my son's, so I won't have enough vacation time.

WVRider

Site Supporter
Bike
Silver 2010 NT700V
Tosh, yes I'm in. I have already requested Vacation actually for the entire week leading up to the gathering. Not sure where I'm going on the prior days but plan to end up there on Wednesday evening or Thursday morning. Lori is a possible. One of her dogs is having issues but if all it good near that time she plans on coming. Bob has advised he will be there at least a couple nights. I may convince him to meet me early and ride prior to the gathering.

Top Bottom