Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Fuzeblock Installation

My Gallery

Fuzeblock Installation

Originally posted on the old forum on 3/20/2010 by amorley:

David and I started Farkling our NT700VA earlier this week. The plan was to improve the front and rear visibility of the NT by adding a set of White Hyperlites to the front forks, a pair of modulating BikeVis Bullets under the headlight, and finally the Brake/Turn Hyperlites at the rear.

(MorleyJC note: we have since found the BikeVis Bullets to be worthless, dont waste your time.)

As this would be our first electrical farkle, we started with installing a FuzeBlock to control all the circuits.

The Tupperware comes of the NT very easily compared to the ST1300. It is not even necessary to remove the main side fairing as there is adequate room to run wires down the side of the tank and into the space below the front pockets.

The NT also has more room under the seat than the ST. WE decided to mount the FuzeBlock where the toolset Honda never provided (Talk about cheap!) should have been located. We used some velcro to hold the FuzeBlock down but would also use the rubber bungee across the top to hold it firmly in place.

http://www.texasmorleys.com/2010-ST-...10_03_0033.jpg

http://www.texasmorleys.com/2010-ST-...10_03_0034.jpg

Finally we wired the hot line from the battery terminal, a switched hot line from under the fuze panel and a ground line to the FuzeBlock.

So we now have a controlled source of full time and switched power with individual fuses to power our electrical farkles

› Site Search for: Fuzeblock Installation
    -James
    '06 ST1300A

My Gallery
    Thanks for the great pics and steps. I went this same path with my Fuzeblock installation.
    Ron
    Motorcycle enthusiast

My Gallery
    Where is the best place to buy a Fuzeblock? I think I will order one-up and have it for next year. Thanks.
    Be Safe
    MAC

My Gallery
    Quote Originally Posted by MAC View Post
    Where is the best place to buy a Fuzeblock? I think I will order one-up and have it for next year. Thanks.
    You can order them directly from FuzeBlocks
    Andy
    My ride is a 2005 ST1300A but I look after (aka farkle) Kathy's 2010 NT700VA (#23).
    We enjoy riding with my son, James (morleyjc) on his 2006 ST1300A

My Gallery
    Thanks Andy, will do.

2017 Miles:
    My Gallery
    Quote Originally Posted by amorley View Post
    You can order them directly from FuzeBlocks
    Are you running heated gear through this fuseblock? My warm & safe heat controller is fused at 15 amps but the Fuzeblock curcuits are fused at 10 amps.I am also looking at Eastern Beaver fuseblocks. His curcuits are fused at 20 amps 15 continues.
    Chuck Henderson (US Army Active Duty RET) (Colorado) STOC# 086, KLRST# 001 NTOC#854
    14 FJR1300A (Ruby FeeJeR)14 DL650 (Wee II) 93 XT350 (Girly Bike)
    https://www.facebook.com/chuck.henderson.980

My Gallery
    Quote Originally Posted by Chucksklrst View Post
    Are you running heated gear through this fuseblock? My warm & safe heat controller is fused at 15 amps but the Fuzeblock curcuits are fused at 10 amps.I am also looking at Eastern Beaver fuseblocks. His curcuits are fused at 20 amps 15 continues.
    Both my heated grips and the circuit for the Warm & Safe outlet are connected directly to the battery with 20 amp fuses. Both are controlled by relays that are powered through lines that I ran back to switched circuits on the FuzeBlock.

2017 Miles:
    My Gallery
    Quote Originally Posted by amorley View Post
    Both my heated grips and the circuit for the Warm & Safe outlet are connected directly to the battery with 20 amp fuses. Both are controlled by relays that are powered through lines that I ran back to switched circuits on the FuzeBlock.
    That's what I needed to know. On my Wee I am running my Warm & Safe through one of the switched curcuits on my Eastern Beaver Fuse box. Thanks

My Gallery
    I have a dual Warmnsafe troller attached to a 10A circuit on my Fuzeblock. One dial controls my heated grips and the other controls my Warmnsafe heated jacket. I have cranked them both at once and had no problems, but when my new Powerlet jacket arrives I should probably reevaluate, since I believe the Powerlet jacket is higher demand.

The fact I can run both grips and jacket, from one circuit, makes me think that running just a jacket shouldn't be that big a deal.
    Katherine
    2012 Yamaha Super T?n?r? with DMC Expedition sidecar

My Gallery
    Honestly I don't even remember what I used. Probably a small open end wrench, or maybe some needlenose pliers. You shouldn't need much leverage - just enough to push through the nylock and tighten it down enough that it holds still. It's not like you gotta torque it. With the nylock, it's not going anywhere.

+ New Posts
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast