Silver wing scooter

Two weeks ago I bought a beautiful condition 2003 red silver wing scooter 600cc. Since then I have put about 400 miles on it. I have been very pleased with how it rides. Quieter than my NT, better wind protection, low center of gravity. Not as comfortable riding position as NT. Not quite as fast top end but close. Very smooth at 65 and 70 which is where I like to ride. Acceleration a little less for passing but enough with planning ahead. Corners as fast as I want to ride. Good storage 55 liters under the seat and a 56 liter Givi top box. Zero motorcycle status which I actually like. I am keeping the NT which I rode to Sturgis last year with a friend who is a Harley fan, about 2600 miles and the NT ran perfect. If I had to let one go right now I don't know which it would be.

Warren

Bike
2019 Yamaha XMAX
How does the silver wing do with a passenger on board if you have had a chance to ride with one.

OP
OP
Warren I don't about how it would do with two up. The last time my wife rode with me was 48 years ago before we got married.

Phil Tarman

Site Supporter
Bike
2010 Silver NT700VA (ABS)
I saw an interesting scooter today in Ft Collins. I think it was a Burgman 600... It was a beautiful color of deep blue but what was different is that it was a trike.

RedLdr1

Site Supporter
It was a beautiful color of deep blue but what was different is that it was a trike.
I had a neighbor with a Burgman 600 Executive like that... But his wasn't a "trike" per se. It still had, and used, the OEM rear wheel....one wheel in the front and three in the rear! It isn't like the on-off training wheel kits for "any" motorcycle, this looked very well integrated and was color matched. I still gave him a hard time about having training wheels though....:wink:

OP
OP
Warren, I have been reading posts on the silver wing forum and riders there say it does well two up. My scooter has a very comfortable looking passenger seat.

Warren

Bike
2019 Yamaha XMAX
Thanks Charlie. I think there might be a scooter in my future after I retire.

OP
OP
That is amazing for a 400cc scooter. I was surprised and pleased with the acceleration of the silver wing but it is called a 600cc. I rode the NT for 210 miles yesterday right after riding the silver wing 160 miles attempting to decide on one. Now more convinced I will keep both until?

Top Bottom