Page 23 of 23 FirstFirst ... 13212223

Thread: NT Accident Report

My Gallery

Re: NT Accident Report

Great news Rick! Hoping the positive reports keep coming.

› Site Search for: NT Accident Report
    TIM WILKES
    2010 NT700V "PhaNTom" #1470
    2009 DL650 Wee (Phantom II)
    Patriot Guard Riders, AMA, Vietnam Veterans of America Life Member
    NT Only

Site Supporter
    (Threadstarter)
    My Gallery

Quote Originally Posted by FalconAF View Post

Heck, Frosty even has me looking at going on a 15-day cruise in the not too distant future. :rofl1
    Just what Rick is going to need ... a nice restful cruise east across the North Pacific Ocean in the Spring. Sadly, a little late for Cherry Blossoms in Tokyo but the bears are there year round at Kodiak Island. I am hoping for better weather in Glacier Bay (then in pic) and down the inside passage. Picture is Chris earlier this year in Glacier Bay NP. We will be hitting the same spot. Wife and I would be pleased to have Rick on the same cruise, Chris too, if he has a two week gap in his schedule. I am thankful that Rick continues to recover from what could happen to anyone of us.

Glacier Bay.jpg

2017 Miles:
    My Gallery

Progress.. IS progress, wish it hadn't taken so long but at least it's moving forward again and hopefully the healing process will be as short as possible.
    Don't sweat the small stuff, it's all small stuff"

2017 Miles:
    My Gallery

Rick, I shared your last post with Eldon Cannon and he said to tell you he's hoping for the best for you.

Eldon, has lost almost all of his sight, but he called me today with some hopeful news. He's going to be blind in one eye, but his eye doc told him yesterday that she thinks he might be a candidate for cataract surgery in the other eye and that could improve his vision in that eye up to the 20/60 - 20/80 range. He's looking at October for the surgery.
    Phil Tarman
    Greeley, CO
    NT700VA 2010 SN #0079 -- "Dudley" -- 118,000+ Miles
    IBA # 5811: SS1000(X3), BB1500, BBG
    2013 Four Corners Tour Finisher # 70
    Read about the "Epic Ride" at: www.ptarman1.com

Site Supporter
    My Gallery

Rick, really glad to hear the good progress.

My Gallery

Hi all. This will be the 2-month post surgery LMAO update.

Had my 2-month follow-up today. I was curious why the titanium plate didn't show up in my neck x-rays, so I asked my neurosurgeon. He looked at me kinda strange and said, "Because I did a new procedure that will provide more neck mobility when fusing 4 vertebra together than if I had used a plate to screw them all together. There is no plate. Just the 3 bone grafts and the 9 screws. You didn't know that?"

I told him the last I was told before the surgery was there would be a titanium plate and screws.

He went, "Oops! Someone should have told you I was gonna do it the new way. Anyhow, you're doing fine and you can start supervised PT now 3 times a week for 8 weeks."

Works for me. My vertigo episodes are a lot less than a month ago and hopefully they will go away with some more time (which is what usually happens after the surgery I had).

So the recovery continues. Everything looks very promising. Keeping my fingers crossed.

My Gallery

Good news Rick, thanks for sharing.
    Keep up the good progress.

2017 Miles:
    My Gallery

I had wondered why I couldn't see the titanium plate, too. Thought maybe it was a teeny-tiny little plate. :-)

Glad to hear things are continuing to improve. PT will help a lot -- but it may be slow. I have been doing PT since Spearfish and I can get on and off the bike much easier now. I'm going to at least start the How the West Was Won Rally in the morning at 6AM. Then there are 34 hours of riding and you have to get 4000 points. Heaven points are positive, Hell points are negative and you have to have the same number of bonuses from each category. I think I've got a route figured out that will make me a finisher...even if just barely.

+ New Posts
Page 23 of 23 FirstFirst ... 13212223