Source for a lightweight performance exhaust

Bike
Sprint GT, 2010 NT, MS950
Like the NT, my Sprint GT came with a big ol' missile launcher for an exhaust. I saved a bunch of weight and got a better exhaust note and easier rear wheel changes by going with a Delkevic unit out of the UK.

I got curious the other evening and saw that they also offer systems for the NT700. If I end up with another NT this would be one of my first mods.

Here is the link for anyone interested...

https://www.delkevic.co.uk/?route=product/category&path=692_1271_1296_1302&description=Delkevic__Honda_700+cc+Models_NT700V+Deauville+(2006-2015)_Silencer+Kits#Products

Cheers,

Bike
2013 Harley Police bike
One of the things I like about my NT700 is how quiet it is. I would not change that at all.

DirtFlier

Site Supporter
Bike
2010 Silver NT700V/ABS
I may have told this story before and if so please excuse me - it comes with getting old!

In the 70s when the VW Beetle was wildly popular on the West Coast, Hot Rod magazine gathered around 15 to 20 aftermarket "stinger type" exhaust systems for dyno testing. The stinger combined all four pipes into one "tuned pipe" that exited the back. They found a suitable, low mileage VW and the engine was left stock since most of the kids buying these systems drove cars with stock engines. They put the car on the dyno and tested system after system. Only one system provided any gain in HP but the gain was so small as to be considered insignificant and most of the systems actually lost power!

Sometimes quiet is better. :)

Last edited:

RedLdr1

Site Supporter
Since the Delkevic is EU approved I doubt if it is much, if any, louder than the OEM. I would also be surprised to see any power gains for the same reason. Unless you remove the baffle.... Then you would probably see a power loss and sound like a runaway lawn mower...:rolleyes1:

mikesim

Site Supporter
Bike
NT700, Red, #989,
Plus, they really aren't too stylish. They just look like an empty tomato juice can hanging on the end of a pipe. The fellow who adapted a Sportster muffler to his NT IMHO had a better looking setup.

Mike

Bike
2020 Kawasaki Versys
I once made an add on silencer to a 100 cc dirt bike out of a large tomato can. The bike had an expansion chamber with a silencer but was loud. I added the tomato can with a pipe inside it with holes. I think it was packed with rags. It did quiet it down quite a bit but was maybe lucky the rags didn't catch fire.
Don't knock the juice cans till you try them. I'm not planning on adding any juice cans to the NT yet.

Brad

mikesim

Site Supporter
Bike
NT700, Red, #989,
I once made an add on silencer to a 100 cc dirt bike out of a large tomato can. The bike had an expansion chamber with a silencer but was loud. I added the tomato can with a pipe inside it with holes. I think it was packed with rags. It did quiet it down quite a bit but was maybe lucky the rags didn't catch fire.
Don't knock the juice cans till you try them. I'm not planning on adding any juice cans to the NT yet.

Brad
Wow! You coulda' had a V8!

:rofl1:

Mike

Top Bottom