Dash / Traffic Camera Suggestions

RedLdr1

Site Supporter
All the accidents lately have prodded me in to considering a dash camera. I'm not interested in a GoPro, that's overkill for my needs, just a basic "dash cam" that I can move around between vehicles. Any recommendations?

Last edited:
Bike
'10 NT 84 BMW R100RT Ural

Frosty

Site Supporter
Bike
2020 Triumph 900GT
Saw a small one at Costco not long ago and thought about it for the car but would work on the bike as well. I should have paid more attention.

JQL

Growing old disgracefully
Bike
2010 NT700 & 2019 FJR1300
Most of the square "boxy" cameras make you look like a TeleTubby when fitted to the helmet. They are alos difficult to fit to the bike and unsightly.

I went for the RoadHawk Ride which is mounted under the front cowl. It also comes with all the gear to mount it on your helmet and there's also a spare waterproof, external battery you can buy to extend the recording time to over 5 hours.

Picture of the RoadHawk Ride on my Deauville: WP_20160430_17_17_10_Pro.jpg. It's hard wired to the ignition via a USB connector.

Video clip:

[video]https://youtu.be/cLxImXmuDmQ[/video]

They also do the RoadHawk Ride+ which is 1080p

Last edited:
When I was looking for a new camera because I hated the small buttons on the GoPro I came across the Contour which has a simple slide to turn it on and start the video. It's fairly inexpensive (I bought it for $150) and does everything I want from a camera. A fully charged battery and a 16GB card will get you about 2 hours of run time.

OP
OP
RedLdr1

RedLdr1

Site Supporter
Quick update to an old thread. Garmin is redoing their Dash Cam line up replacing most of their existing models. I just bought two (2) Garmin Dash Cam™ 35 for $99.00 each from Beach Camera. That price is for brand new not refrubished, with full Garmin warranty, and free shipping. Here is a link to the offer if you are interested. That price beats any I've seen for new units to date... Note: You have to add the Garmin to the check out cart to see the $99.00 price instead of the $129.00 shown...

Buying two allows me to put one in both our cars, for daily metro Atlanta battles, and then move them to either the FJ or our motor home when necessary. Fabricating a mount for the FJ might be interesting...:rolleyes1:

Last edited:
Top Bottom