OP
OP
Mellow

Mellow

Admin
2024 Mileage
Bike
21 R1250RT
I made reservations today for Chris' campground. Lana, who I spoke to sounds like a gal who gets things done and has fun while getting them done. I am thinking about bringing my new NC700XD. I have been to Spearfish before on the NT. While the NT has a better seat,and better wind protection, I would like to see how the NC does by comparison. I have been reading comments and tips for two years by the sites contributors and it wii be great to meet some of the nice folks who have been so helpful.
That's great, it's going to be a great time.

Phil Tarman

Site Supporter
Bike
2010 Silver NT700VA (ABS)
Charley, I've got a friend who lived in Greeley when I came here. I saw his NC700X as I was coming out of my cat's vet's office one day and walked over and met him. We rode together once on a good loop up through Rocky Mountain National Park, to Walden, CO, and back to Greeley by coming down Poudre Canyon on CO-14. I was impressed by the bike. I had been running pretty hard on a long straight stretch south of Walden and north of Ward, and Larry stuck right with me.

When we gassed up in Walden after riding 161 miles, I was feeling pretty smug about having gotten 58mpg until Larry came over and told me he'd gotten 76mpg while keeping up with me. Larry has done some inspired farkling to add weather protection to his bike and it would be something I'd take a serious look at if I ever wear out my NT700V.

I'm looking forward to seeing you in Spearfish!

Bike
2011 NT, 01 Ultra, 04 VLX
I am sure Phil has our interest aroused with his detailed account of the NC Performance, Now if he would just provide us with a picturetorialand a estimated part list and cost to droole at it would sure be a nice thing!!!

some of us might just run out and uy oneand others would just dream about the buying portion!!!

Eldon

Phil Tarman

Site Supporter
Bike
I am sure Phil has our interest aroused with his detailed account of the NC Performance, Now if he would just provide us with a picturetorialand a estimated part list and cost to droole at it would sure be a nice thing!!!

some of us might just run out and uy oneand others would just dream about the buying portion!!!

Eldon
Well, since my friend Larry who owns the bike lives within 20-25 miles of Spearfish and I live in Greeley, I won't be able to take any pix of his bike until the Rally (if he comes). I know he started with a National Cycle V-Stream windshield he'd had on a V-Strom, and built brackets and cut Plexiglas to add to it to make his weather protection. I think he's changed the base windscreen since then.

So, dream on. Or don't.

Bike
2011 NT, 01 Ultra, 04 VLX
I suppose I will just have to join the dreamer crowd:frown:In the past yeae I have came across so many toys that I would like to have hadanother one wont hurt, I had a chance to get a HD factory special , last year of shovelhead engine built by UGH ! AMF1 but it was a bobber set up with only 10,000 miles; Not a touring machine but a great T-T machine, Tavern-to Tavern):) conversation starter. Then recently I stumbled onto a 1985 Mercedes 300D with only 57,000 on it! I would have had it, but my loving chaufer is totally happywith her 1000 impala and would rather fight than switch////1 so alas I didn't prsue the Mercedes.

So goes the daus of the old grouch

OP
OP
Mellow

Mellow

Admin
2024 Mileage
Bike
21 R1250RT
Just over 3 weeks and counting.. I'll post up a new thread for the Friday Pizza dinner.

OP
OP
Mellow

Mellow

Admin
2024 Mileage
Bike
21 R1250RT
Just a reminder:

Please bring cash, check or travelers checks - they do not take credit cards.

Bear

Bike
2010 NT-700 V Red
Mellow,
I'm unclear about your last post--Who does not take Credit Cards? Also, what sort of weather does one expect? I plan to bring jeans, shorts, T-Shirts, and a light jacket. Will that do? I am coming by car--still can't get my leg over the NT on a regular basis,.

Phil Tarman

Site Supporter
Bike
Alex, I think the pizza place is the "they" who won't take credit cards. Everybody else does. I'll only take shorts and T-shirts. I can't remember ever needing a jacket or sweat shirt. I'll take my Kermit chair for use when I'm out visiting at the campground. Bell's has a picnic table and chairs that we sit on during our outdoor evenings there.

junglejim

Site Supporter
Bike
Tiger 800, NT sold
Alex, it is the campground that doesn't take credit cards. We just pay Joe for the pizza (or don't pay and run). Warning, Joe can run pretty fast.

OP
OP
Mellow

Mellow

Admin
2024 Mileage
Bike
21 R1250RT
Alex, it is the campground that doesn't take credit cards. We just pay Joe for the pizza (or don't pay and run). Warning, Joe can run pretty fast.
lol.. correct, the campground ... As for the pizza, correct again, just pay me and not some guy named Jim who says he's Joe...

Bear

Bike
2010 NT-700 V Red
Thank you for the clarification. I can't wait to get there. The "Beast" is in for an oil change and tune and should be all ready to go. Will use cruise control a lot so as to not draw attention by the LEOs.

Mel

Bike
2010 red NT
I just submitted my RSVP. This will be my first time at an NT gathering. Do you guys stay there all day Saturday and leave Sunday morning? Are there scheduled activities other than Friday pizza? Looking forward to meeting you guys.

junglejim

Site Supporter
Bike
Tiger 800, NT sold
No scheduled activities. Coffee, breakfast, ride (or just talk about riding), lounge around camp, or do a tourist thing. Some ride all day and some don't get out of camp. Folks mostly group up to do something. I think most leave Sat AM but I don't know because I do.

Phil Tarman

Site Supporter
Bike
I'll stay until Sunday morning. I probably won't do much of anything on Saturday...unless somebody has a great idea that I can't ignore. :)

junglejim

Site Supporter
Bike
Tiger 800, NT sold
Bear, looking forward to meeting you (and Shelby). Don't leave your keys lying around.
Daboo, I hope you enjoy us as much as we do you. BMWs are allowed (and admired).
Mel, great to hear new faces are showing up. Looking forward to meeting you.
And I think there are others who plan to come, but haven't RSVPd
Possibly MikeSimm - hope you and Traveler can stop in.
Sorry if I'm forgetting someone but my memory is a memory.

mikesim

Site Supporter
Bike
NT700, Red, #989,
I'm planning on it although I may have to forego the continuation of the ride on the Lewis and Clark Trail.... issues at work will demand my attention but God willing and the creek don't rise, I will be at Spearfish.

Mike

RedBird

Site Supporter
Bike
2009 F800ST, 1973 R75/5
I'm planning to be there. I'll be camping. See you there!

Top Bottom