OP
OP
Mellow

Mellow

Admin
2024 Mileage
Bike
21 R1250RT
Yeah, I think all but maybe 1 of my wear bars is even w/tread... I didn't like not riding once I got there but had to make sure it wasn't an expensive trip home.. since nothing is open on sunday.. I should have known better and threw on a new tire but hey, still made it there and back and got to see everyone again.. check!

Bear

Bike
2010 NT-700 V Red
Still on the way home. Took Jungle Jim's advice on the route around Chicago. Going through Chicago is a "Contact Sport"--a little too old for that. Today is the 10nth and I am in Danville Ill. Will shoot for Erie PA tomorrow via Indianapolis ans Ft Wayne IN. Lots of construction--and I have to watch my speed. I don't need another "Performance Award". Anyway, it was a great time and I'll have fond memories for a long time. Joe, You did a superb job and your pictures are great.

Thanks Joe for the pictures, for those of us that were not there, it was good to see 'the group.' Sooner or later I'll be retired and perhaps do things like the meet up.

Terry

Bike
2011 NT, 01 Ultra, 04 VLX
I just got a chance to read all the posts about everyones good times at ASpearfish. I must admit tha during the time you all were there I was frustratingly glued to my computer trying my best to stay abrest of what was happening on the Iron /butt /rally.

Although it is too soon to say for certain that I will attend next year , I shal put it on my /ma//////////////ybe list.The only thing I can say for certain is that I will have to have someone else along to take care of the driving chores /etcI don't know how much eye sight I will have left by then& only time will tell.
There was a time not too lommg sgo that I had planned on riding through to my 93rd birthday, well we know that is not going to happen , I still have one possible goal to be achieved 3 to 4 yeasrs from now if the cards should fall into place, again only time will tell about that one as well; in the meantime I will just stumble and fumble my way along the trsil sd best I can .I reckon the next majot big event for us will be in Sept 2020, that will be our 60th wedding aniversery,

Eldon

Phil Tarman

Site Supporter
Bike
2010 Silver NT700VA (ABS)
We missed you, Eldon, and hope you can find a way to make it next year. Right now, I'm still planning on seeing you on my way to Abbotsford, BC, for the Three Flags Classic in late August.

Bear

Bike
2010 NT-700 V Red
Still working my way East. The Monsoon Season is in full swing in Iowa and Indiana. Lots of flash floods, Detours and waiting for the waters to recede. Cobras are not a water snake--had to be careful on the wet. Am now at a Days Inn in Sandusky OH. Tomorrow will be an easy run to Syracuse NY where I will stay for the night with my sister. I then have a ten hour run to Belfast, ME. Total round trip mileage from Belfast to Spearfish and back will be 4300 miles. It was a great time and well worth the ride. The Shelby can now be considered a road car, not a prissy trailer queen.

RedLdr1

Site Supporter
Cobras are not a water snake--had to be careful on the wet.
Be careful... The Pirelli P-Zero's (P255/40R19) on my Mustang are slicker than fresh cat crap on a just waxed linoleum floor in the rain...:eek1: Ford calls them "Summer Tires" in their brochure definition of the Performance Package, I call them clear and dry Summer Tires. :rolleyes1: But they do work great on a dry road...:cool:

Phil Tarman

Site Supporter
Bike
Sorry you're getting to explore the limits of your traction by riding in water, Alex! Be careful and keep us posted on your whereabouts.

Coyote Chris

Site Supporter
Bike
10 Red NT 14 FJR, 17 XT
Coyote Chris checking in. Safe at home. After leaving rally, I rode to Cody and spent two nights at the Sixgun. Road the Chief Joeseph and the Beartooth again, seeing a mountain goat herd from 50 yards...lots of pics to come. Saw the museum and called it a day. Then rode through Yellowstone and had breakfast at Lake village. Traffic after 10:30 was awefull. Waiting lines at rest rooms....no parking at many sights like middle geyser basin....people parked everywhere. Stayed the night at one of my campgrounds in the national forest and rode home 400 miles today. No close calls except a few suicide deer which I was ready for. Old farts senior pass savings this trip. $57.50 Weight reduction plan is still a work in progress but next time I leave the mesh coat a home. First Gear Kilamanjaro good for 46 degrees to 90 degrees. Mil spec undershirt cold weather top would push the lower limit down 10 degrees and to get 90 out of the coat I opened every vent, opened the sleeves, and half way unzipped it.

Great seeing every one, especially the newbies but it was a great group. So sorry I missed Mike.....tear falls....maybe down the road, Mike.

Met lots of neat people along the way and had a great time celebrating 50 years of motorcycle touring.

Phil Tarman

Site Supporter
Bike
Glad you guys got home safely. Coyote Chris's crowds in Yellowstone sound like a better deal than the weather you rode in, Daboo.

Waiting for your pictures with bated breath.

Coyote Chris

Site Supporter
Bike
10 Red NT 14 FJR, 17 XT
Here's a couple. Lot's more when I get a chance.

Obligatory motorcycle picture... ;)

Chris
BMW ad! I like your bags and your windscreen. With the Frosty peg lowering kit and a cruise control, the bike could start talking to me. I like the way the plastic is bolted on. I told Frosty to test ride the new BMW R nineT Pure at the BMW rally in Utah. With one broken bike now, you can never have enough bikes at home.

RedLdr1

Site Supporter
Every photo I've posted here is hosted on Flikr. No issues so far but with Verizon buying Yahoo, who owns Flikr, it may change...:rolleyes1: My Flikr Pro account is about $25.00 annually since I run over the free hosting limit.

Top Bottom