Motorcycle Jack on the NT?

OP
OP
MarkinTexas
Bike
2011 NT700VA
Yeah Wayne, that's what I was thinking. I could pick a used one up for $25, but was unsure that it would work. Looks like you would have to use the small flat spot on the front of the motor and the hinge area of the center stand, not sure how stable that would be.

I have one of those also. It is not a good fit for any of my bikes. I have cut small pieces of lumber to fill in between the jack and motorcycle to make a solid fit.

It works. Sort of.

Frosty

Site Supporter
Bike
2020 Triumph 900GT
I have one of those also. It is not a good fit for any of my bikes. I have cut small pieces of lumber to fill in between the jack and motorcycle to make a solid fit.

It works. Sort of.
Same here. I found similar jack at HF for $80 with a coupon. I made a support fixture from plywood and dense foam. Purpose was to spread the load and support area between the bottom of the motor and the centerstand (retracted). It worked but not nearly stable enough to use routinely. There are better methods.

Attachments

Bike
2013 Red NT700VA
Having considered the options and difficulty of using a conventional lift on the NT, I bought an Eazy Rizer lift and I can confirm that it works brilliantly on the NT700. I am well pleased with it. It is a British product and quite pricey but it does work well. I can post some detailed pics if you would like. (I have no connection with the company)
I bought the Big Red lift, which is sufficient for the NT but you might need the Blue lift if you need to lift big cruisers as well.
Their website is:
http://www.on-bike.com

Jon

Phil Tarman

Site Supporter
Bike
2010 Silver NT700VA (ABS)
Jon, I'd like to see pix of the NT on your lift. Does anyone sell it in the US?

Bike
2013 Red NT700VA
Phil, I have just posted a YouTube video of my lift in use

https://youtu.be/hIQ9TFMOQBk

I have no connection with the company. The company is British http://www.on-bike.com but they give a USA contact number and USA distributor on their website https://lifts-and-stands.com.

Here are some pictures (If I can upload them!!!!)
View attachment 11629
View attachment 11630
View attachment 11631
View attachment 11632
View attachment 11633
View attachment 11634
View attachment 11635
View attachment 11636

The lift attaches to the foot rests at the rear and a support goes under the engine at the front. Nothing impinges on the exhausts. The lift raises the bike with a long hardened screw threaded rod using an electric drill, or manually if you wish using a speed brace. I have found that the bike is very secure on the lift and I have removed the entire front end whilst on the lift, removed the exhaust and rear wheel and removed both wheels for tyre changes with no stability problems. To attach the footrest mounts, it is necessary to remove the small footrest scraper bolts on the underside of the footrests. Supporting the bike in a wheel chock before putting the lift in place makes it easy to slide the lift under the bike without a helper. The lift weighs around 25Kg. Unlike most lifts, I can move it around fairly easily and it stores against a wall without taking up much space in the garage when not in use. The footrest mounts needed for the Deauville/NT700V are the heavy duty mounts. I also use it to lift a variety of other bikes, most of which have conventional chassis rails but I bought the lift specifically to lift the Deauville NT700V because of the lack of chassis rails on this bike. It is also a real advantage to me that it doesn't obstruct my garage, which would have been a problem for me with a bench lift.

I hope this is of interest,
Jon

Last edited:
Top Bottom