2015 Yamaha Super Tenere

DirtFlier

Site Supporter
Bike
2010 Silver NT700V/ABS
I have 3 or 4 close friends who have them and they're great bikes! Have fun. :)

Bike
2010 Silver NT700
Very nice. I have been watching the STs since they came out. I probably should have bought one when I bought my tiger 800. I like the T800, but can't seem to get the ST out of my mind. I keep thinking about the wider more comfortable seat, tubeless tires and shaft drive. I was doing okay until I saw that the 2106 models came in yellow. The red looks really sharp too.

OP
OP
RUSTINPEACE
Looks like a really nice bike, congratulations. How does the weather protection measure up? Are you going to add cans/panniers and a topbox?
I haven't had a chance to ride it in rain or cold weather yet but I think the NT probably has slightly better weather protection stock. Yep I will be adding panniers but I'm not currently sure if I'll add a topbox.

Are you keeping the NT?
No I don't think I will be keeping the NT because my landlord will only let me keep 2 motorcycles. So I think I'm going to try to sell my NT or I might possibly rent a storage unit to store my NT at.

Woodaddict

Site Supporter
2024 Mileage
Bike
Red NT700V & Spyder RTL
another one flies the NT coup!! that should fit your style of riding better Will. and you have more POWER, enjoy

mikesim

Site Supporter
Bike
NT700, Red, #989,
Is that a WRX I see pokin' its nose out of the garage? Yours?

Mike

Bike
19 Versys 1K SE, 14 FJR
I haven't had a chance to ride it in rain or cold weather yet but I think the NT probably has slightly better weather protection stock. Yep I will be adding panniers but I'm not currently sure if I'll add a topbox.

No I don't think I will be keeping the NT because my landlord will only let me keep 2 motorcycles. So I think I'm going to try to sell my NT or I might possibly rent a storage unit to store my NT at.
So please explain to me how/why your land lord dictates how many motorcycles you can have. If it is a matter of garage space there are storage areas for the overflow.

OP
OP
RUSTINPEACE
And please tell us how you made you comparison and then a choice.
I too compare the Honda VFR1200X with the Super Tenere.

http://powersports.honda.com/2016/vfr1200x.aspx

SuperDave
I decided several years ago that my next bike was probably either going to be a Yamaha FJR1300 or a Super Tenere. Well my NT refused to start recently so I started looking for another motorcycle online and I noticed a used 2015 Super Tenere ES with only 700 miles on it at a dealership within 50 miles of me.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NhxJ2DcwUyg

So I took my NT's failure to not start as a sign to buy that bike the next weekend otherwise I probably wouldn't have known about it and missed the opportunity to buy it. Because the NT started right up a few hours later after I found the used Super Tenere at a Kawasaki & Suzuki dealership.

I haven't done much research on the VFR1200X but just looking at it compared to the Super Tenere ES it has a smaller gas tank, doesn't have cruise control, weighs more, and you have to buy the center stand and heated grips as an accessory.

So please explain to me how/why your land lord dictates how many motorcycles you can have. If it is a matter of garage space there are storage areas for the overflow.
My landlord is my dad and he doesn't like motorcycles.:doh1:

Last edited:
Bike
2013 DL650/A & CX500 Euro
Sounds very much like a crank position sensor problem on your NT. If that is the problem then starting up next time is also explainable as that is a common scenario.

Seagrass

Bike
2010 NT700V, 2015 CB500X
Yep I will be adding panniers but I'm not currently sure if I'll add a topbox.

So I think I'm going to try to sell my NT or I might possibly rent a storage unit to store my NT at.
That sounds like a fair trade, Tenere panniers for a NT700V with 150000 miles. :D

Seriously, congratulations on the Tenere & for toughing it out with your NT problems for this long. It would be interesting to hear what it will take to sell your NT. Just trying to be realistic, but it sounds like an extremely tough sell.

NT700V ....Not the most popular motorcycle ever.
Black ....Ok, that is cool.
>150,000 miles .....High miles for any motorcycle in the real world. It would qualify as low miles in a craigslist ad though 'cuz everything is low miles there.
Unreliable and doesn't always start...... You had me at "Unreliable." SOLD!!!

Good luck.

Warren

Bike
2019 Yamaha XMAX
You can sell any motorcycle if it's cheap enough. There is always some guy with little money but lots of time to tinker. If you are worried about the 150K on the motor you can get low mileage NT motors off eBay for less than a G.

Last edited:
OP
OP
RUSTINPEACE
Yep I haven't posted a for sale add for my NT700V yet because I've been trying to think of a number that I'd be willing to sell it for. Well I think the number is $1,500 because I think the Honda warranty is transferable so if the new owner has any issues the dealer should fix it for free? P.S. Is the Honda extended warranty transferable to a new owner?

Phil Tarman

Site Supporter
Bike
2010 Silver NT700VA (ABS)
P.S. Is the Honda extended warranty transferable to a new owner?
My extended warranty went away in March of 2015, but my understanding was that it was attached to the bike, not the owner. I'm pretty sure it's transferrable.

If I were to sell my NT right now, I'd ask $1500 for it. After all, it's got a new final drive. :)

Mellow

Admin
2024 Mileage
Bike
21 R1250RT
That's a nice bike if I do say so myself.. LOL

Congrats, that red is a very nice color.

Top Bottom