She's on the track!

First... she took the MSF course
Then...the Advanced Parkling lot course...
Then a 7 day trip to Lake placid
Then... her first IBA Ride, the NE1000.

Now.... Now she's on the track!
Palmer Motorsports Park, Pamer Mass. 2.2 mile circuit.
A venue from Tony's Track Days here in New England. - No Cops. No Cars. No Limits

Track:

Video: Mind you this was only her third session on the track, the first one was a 40-60 MPH "parade" lap around the track where each rider followed an Instructor or a Ride Controller around the track to familiarize yourself with the line.

[video]https://youtu.be/yltb2mkNEN8[/video]

Phil Tarman

Site Supporter
Bike
2010 Silver NT700VA (ABS)
I agree with Red -- I'm jealous, too. I've never done a track day and it sure looks like fun.

OP
OP
nerSTeve
Next... 7 full days of the NY Catskills. Leave next weekend.
track day was not only fun but a great learning experience....for us both.

Not having to worry about speed limits, other cars, intersections... concentrate on skills. Just awesome.

My vid on the ST1300 if anyone cares to watch.
[video]https://youtu.be/jokSzLyeFYU[/video]

Bike
2013 DL650/A & CX500 Euro
Thanks Steve, i enjoyed watching both of those videos but especially yours as it reminded me more of the track day i did a few years ago.

Seagarss

Coyote Chris

Site Supporter
Bike
10 Red NT 14 FJR, 17 XT
I must not be taking enough testosterone....I have no desire for a track day, but I am curious as to what it costs....
Maybe 250 miles of winding road around Mt. St. Helens and Mt. Rainier in one day fills my need for speed.
(Downloaded a three dimensional G meter onto my phone so I can see how many Gs the NT pulls on full out acceleration
compared to the FJR)

Bike
2011 NT, 01 Ultra, 04 VLX
Track days are goodND LET YOU LEARN JUST HOW FAST YOU CN GET THROUH corner as well as read it A YOU ENTER IT.

BUTT one point to keep in mind, on the open road you not only have traffic you also can have had a gravle truck not far ahead of you spillin rock etc onto the roadway in that corner you can't see arroundand it can be very unforgiving even to a very experienced rider.

As I write this I am thinking about a 58 year old friend who is laying in a hospital in Portand Or. broken ribs and punctured lungs, his internal organs torn loose, and his foot mangled with the big toe no longer there. He is looking at a 1 1/2 to 2 year rehab period, not a lot of insurance, no life flight insurance coverageNS HW Hs two life flight rides ,one to small ERfacility and another to the major trama center.One error on rider part was wearing *%^&^$%$#@tenis shoes for foot wear. He was on a road well known to him that had been ridden many times, BUT had never encounterd the loose gravel on the corner. this man has been riding since his teens both on NS OFF ROAD. ONE DAY ON DOWN THE ROAD WHEN HE IS BACK ON HIS FEET I WILL UNLOAD ON HIM, BUT NOT NOW WHILE HE IS DOWN AND FIGHTING TO RECOVER.

cRAP HAPPENS WHEN LEAST EXPECRED REGARDLESS OF TRAINING nd wxperience.

Eldon

OP
OP
nerSTeve
Sorry to learn about your friend Ex Winger.
And yes, it wasn't a fun in the sun balls to the walls track day.

It was a controlled environment learning skills and technique at speeds rather than a parking lot course.
I've been riding for 30+ years and even I learned a thing or three. Granted, it *was* fun... but I learned too. :wink:

DirtFlier

Site Supporter
Bike
2010 Silver NT700V/ABS
I would caution her about doing too much, too quickly. Taking the training, riding the Iron Butt 1000, going to a track day, etc., works better if you have lots of road miles in all types of weather between those experiences.

OP
OP
nerSTeve
We have a running joke that she better not ride with me in September cuz our luck it's going to snow. She's been in rain, wind, dirt roads, new pavement, pot hole filled. She's got miles on her and lots of dirtbike riding in the past. I'm not worried about throwing it all at her. I wouldn't if I didn't think should couldn't handle it. She's a natural.

Top Bottom