Getting a Hot Seat

Phil Tarman

Site Supporter
Bike
2010 Silver NT700VA (ABS)
When the temps get low enough, nothing will generate enough heat except to get behind the fairing and windscreen.
If you don't have heated gear, GET IT!!! I've got a Warm'n'Safe heated jacket and it makes all the difference.

DirtFlier

Site Supporter
Bike
2010 Silver NT700V/ABS
[If you don't have heated gear, GET IT!!!]

I've had a heated vest & heated gloves for eons. At least for me, it helps to extend the riding season one month further into fall/winter and start it a month earlier in the spring. :eek:

mikesim

Site Supporter
Bike
NT700, Red, #989,
Heated gloves allow me to ride year round. If it's above 15 degrees and dry, I take Traveller on my 25 mile commute.

Mike

mikesim

Site Supporter
Bike
NT700, Red, #989,
What kind do you use, Mike? I have two sets of Gerbing gloves and both of them don't heat much in the right hand.

Chris
I have the Tourmaster Synergy leather gloves. Now that you mention it, the right hand glove on my Tourmaster's doesn't seem as warm as the left either. I have checked the resistance on both gloves and they are nearly equal..... a puzzlement.... perhaps the right hand is subject to more airflow?

Mike

DirtFlier

Site Supporter
Bike
2010 Silver NT700V/ABS
After the Y or T-junction, is the wire to the right side much longer than the wire to the left?

DirtFlier

Site Supporter
Bike
2010 Silver NT700V/ABS
[...the length of wire going to the right glove is the culprit. It is several feet longer...]

DC can suffer voltage drop unlike AC which doesn't seem to care about the wire length. Check each end with a reliable digital voltmeter.

I know this is an old post but I just stumbled on it. I had this same problem and found a solution that fixed it for me. If I wear synthetic skivvies, my rear end feels like it's on fire. Cotton skivvies fix the issue, regardless of the air temp.

mikesim

Site Supporter
Bike
NT700, Red, #989,
but in the summer, cotton skivvies do not wick away the moisture and after along day of riding in the heat, you get a severe case of monkey butt. I put a beaded seat cover on Traveller for the summer and the airflow beneath your tush makes a world of difference.

Mike

Top Bottom