R1200RT in my garage...

Bike
2009 BMW R1200RT
Well, after 14 months and 14000 miles, my NT has moved on.
2009 R1200RT 1200 miles is in my garage.

First the NT was a fantastic bike. The RT has the torque that I was looking for.
Driving "Heidi" home from the BMW dealer I was amazed. Electronic cruise control is great.

Riding to Wyoming/Montana 2up, the NT was good, but not great. Getting 2 old people and their gear into traffic in Cody, WY was work. Riding at 85 through SD was work and exhausting. The NT was great on any twisties and at most speeds less than 75.

image.jpg

junglejim

Site Supporter
Bike
Tiger 800, NT sold
Congratulations Pete, and enjoy your new ride. I'd love one of those myself, but I'm holding out for a new waterhead. That's my excuse.

OP
OP
NooBiker
Bike
2009 BMW R1200RT
I realized I'm 60 now...
It's only a matter of time before I'm riding a gold wing trike, and then it's a wheel chair.

Bike
2011 NT, 01 Ultra, 04 VLX
Comgrstulstiond on th BMW's to both of you. I wish you both the best with them.
Pete , I must disagree with you though, at a young 60 you hVE good 30 years at least of riding left unless the fickle hND OF FATE GETS IN THE WAY!i WAS PLANNING ON HANGING UPMY GEAR AT 93 BUT THAT SORTOF GOT DERAILED! iN SPITE OF THIER TRACK RECORDS IN THE LD COMUNITY THE bmw k nd R bikes all have what I consider the best stock bike handling of anything on the market, and the engines are bullet proof

Eldon

Frosty

Site Supporter
Bike
2020 Triumph 900GT
Nice looking bike. I am sure it is a big improvement riding two up. My NT700 cruise control struggles at 85, due I think, to insufficient vacuum. In spite of that small short coming, it makes road travel much easier.

Enjoy your "new" bike and stay with us.

Top Bottom