Turn Signal Problems

Bike
2010 Red NT 700
My turn signal works to indicate a left turn but I get nothing except a very occasional partial green flash when I push it left. Seems to be some sort of short or bad connection. Any suggestions on trouble shooting and what to do?

Last edited by a moderator:

RedLdr1

Site Supporter
I'd start by cleaning / flushing out the turn signal switch. I had mine apart when I installed the Kisan Turn Signal Canceller and there are plenty of ways for grunge to get in to that switch....

DirtFlier

Site Supporter
Bike
2010 Silver NT700V/ABS
+1 on RedLdr's comment. This weekend I rode my NT for the first time since early-July when I returned from VT. The first thing I noticed was the stiffness of the turn signal switch so it'll get disassembled & cleaned this coming week. :)

As you clean out the switch, you may need to lightly sand the contacts with fine sandpaper. I would suggest some dielectric grease in there after you are done. Keeps everything happy.

Bike
2020 Kawasaki Versys
To be clear- is it just the indicator in the dash that is the problem? Do both front and rear turn signals work?
If cleaning the switch does not fix it there is also a turn signal relay. If it is just the dash indicator the relay or it's connections may be the culprit.

Brad

OP
OP
Herb
Bike
2010 Red NT 700
To be clear- is it just the indicator in the dash that is the problem? Do both front and rear turn signals work?
If cleaning the switch does not fix it there is also a turn signal relay. If it is just the dash indicator the relay or it's connections may be the culprit.

Brad
Neither front nor rear signal works. I've been busy but hope to find some time tomorrow to take apart the signal switch and clean it up. Hope that works. Thanks for the advice.

Top Bottom