Mileage Stickers

Phil Tarman

Site Supporter
Bike
2010 Silver NT700VA (ABS)
We've got quite a few new members who may not know about the semi-coveted mileage stickers. I started this because of my previous experience in the Concours Owners Group. A member there awarded stickers for 50,000 miles and 100,000 miles. The awards were based on the bike's mileage, no matter how many owners the bike had had.

Same deal here: When the odometer on your bike rolls past 50,000 miles, or for that matter, 100,000 miles, your bike has earned one of these stickers. Just let me know and send me your snail-mail address, and a sticker will head your way.

Since we've got at least two bikes on the Forum that have passed 150,000 miles, I've been threatening to create 150K stickers. After the great experience I've had with Callie Graphics and the HMW Roundels (that's Honda Motor Works, if you hadn't already figured it out), I got off my rear and ordered the 150K stickers today, plus I replenished my rapidly diminishing stock of 50K stickers.

I'm planning on sending Woodaddict and KTM360mx (James bought Rustinpeace's 150K+ 2011 bike) 150K stickers as soon as I get them.

Attachments

junglejim

Site Supporter
Bike
Tiger 800, NT sold
After the great experience I've had with Callie Graphics and the HMW Roundels (that's Honda Motor Works, if you hadn't already figured it out), I got off my rear and ordered the 150K stickers today, plus I replenished my rapidly diminishing stock of 50K stickers.
Is there any interest in the group in getting some "ST 700" stickers?

Tonydtiger1971

Hope to get that 50k sticker real soon. About to put it over 38000 right now. Where do I apply to get a 40K added to my profile?

Bike
2006 Black NT700V ABS
I was hoping to gain a 50k award this year, sadly other things got in the way and I put my bike away for the winter with 49,820 miles on the clock. Just could not find time for that last couple of hundred miles.

Woodaddict

Site Supporter
2024 Mileage
Bike
Red NT700V & Spyder RTL
oh goodie, the stickers keep coming!!! i'm at 154,300 miles now

Bike
2010 Silver NT700
oh goodie, the stickers keep coming!!! i'm at 154,300 miles now
Amazing!! Simply amazing!!

I recently took a ride to Miami and Orlando to see an old friend and my son and his family. I turned 61,000 miles during the trip. While at an RTE recently, another rider saw the 50k sticker on my bike and asked how I got it. After making a sarcastic reply that "I rode 50,000 miles on the bike" (but with a twinkle in my eye), the guy expressed his amazement. He's owned his cruiser for eight years and has finally turned 10,000 miles. He's never ridden more than 100 miles on any one ride.

Whatever floats your boat, eh?

I'm hoping that at the tender age of 73, I am still riding a year from now and can go over the 75,000 mile mark.

junglejim

Site Supporter
Bike
Tiger 800, NT sold
I'm hoping that at the tender age of 73, I am still riding a year from now and can go over the 75,000 mile mark.
Doug, I'm sure you will get there. That's how you got to be 73 in the first place.
I'm happy for all you folks who live at a latitude somewhere in the 30's or less. Your riding season is about double of mine living north of 46 degrees N latitude. Running you odometer up into 6 digits shows that you are a dedicated rider. But I'm trailing along at about half the miles of the leaders.

Same goes for the long distance riders. They are skilled and dedicated riders or they would never even make the attempt to do those rides. But I'm a whimp. I'd have to ride well above the speed limits (and my comfort zone) and beyond my limits of alert and responsive/responsible riding to achieve even the SS1000. For me it would be a waste of gas and tires not to mention the exposure to riding when not 100% alert.

So, while I won't hit 6 digits on my odometer for another 4 or 5 years or 1000+ mile days, I measure my riding by the enjoyment I get. If it ain't fun I do something else. Of course there are those days I push to go another 100 or more miles to reach a place I want go stop, or ride through conditions that are challenging, but that is part of the sport. However the most important part of the sport is having fun and staying as safe as possible. Just my priorities.

OP
OP
Phil Tarman

Phil Tarman

Site Supporter
Bike
Is there any interest in the group in getting some "ST 700" stickers?
Jim, I just got 150K and a fresh supply of 50K stickers from Callie of Calliegraphics.com. She did a great job on them and priced them very reasonably. She'd be glad to do some ST700 stickers. I'm game for buying some -- do you want in? I'll sell them for her cost. I paid her $9/pair for the HMW roundels. Since ST700 stickers would be single color, she'd probably make them for the same or less. Us "Superior Silver" riders would need black ones; you "Blasting Black" and "Rolling Red" riders would need white.

OP
OP
Phil Tarman

Phil Tarman

Site Supporter
Bike
Woodaddict and Ktm360, your 150,000-mile stickers will be in the mail tomorrow. Got'em today from Callie Graphics.

All of you getting close to 100K or 50K, I've got plenty of them. Just send me a private mail message with your snailmail address when you get to the mileage. Remember, these awards are for the bike, not the rider, and are based on odometer reading only. If you buy a bike that's already got 50, 100, or 150,000 miles on the clock and it doesn't have stickers, you can honor your ride with these stickers. :)

junglejim

Site Supporter
Bike
Tiger 800, NT sold
Since ST700 stickers would be single color, she'd probably make them for the same or less. Us "Superior Silver" riders would need black ones; you "Blasting Black" and "Rolling Red" riders would need white.
Phil, I'd be happy with a pair of white ones (OK they could be "Superior Silver"). I WAS going to go to my local graphics shop with a sample in the correct font and size and get some made up, but haven't done it yet. It has only been 5 years. It makes sense to get a group order IF there is enought interest among the membership here. But since I asked the question a week or two ago I have seen ZERO interest.

Bottom line - I'd like a pair of ST700 stickers, but since I'm the only one who does it doesn't make sense for you to do a group order and get stuck for the unsold ones (plus postage). The motorcycle seems to run just fine without them.

Oh, and Mitch told me that his wife, who cuts vinyl as a hobby, would to it too. By the way, Mitch is getting the itch to travel again. Might be Alaska next summer.

OP
OP
Phil Tarman

Phil Tarman

Site Supporter
Bike
Jim, let me contact Callie and see what she'd charge us. Unless I get some interest, I'll just have her make silver ones for you and black ones for me.

mikesim

Site Supporter
Bike
NT700, Red, #989,
I'd probably spring fer some silver ones as well..... and I'd also like a 72300 mile sticker if you please

:tongue:

Mike

junglejim

Site Supporter
Bike
Tiger 800, NT sold
All of a sudden there IS some interest. Great!
Here is what I chose for my sticker.
It would come out to be about 5" X 1 1/2"
Comments and suggestions welcome.

Edit: It displays a little finer than I intended. I believe the font could be bolder.

Attachments

Fieroguy

Site Supporter
Bike
2010 Silver NT700
Re: Mileage Stickers

Actually, I don't remember who on this forum designed these but this is the ST700 sticker I'd want...

ST700 sticker.jpg

Attachments

Fieroguy

Site Supporter
Bike
2010 Silver NT700
I have the PDF file of that ST700 logo, but the forum won't let me post it because it is too big.
If you were to get THAT logo sticker printed, I'd like a few!
Also, wouldn't mind having the BMW style too!

junglejim

Site Supporter
Bike
Tiger 800, NT sold
Re: Mileage Stickers

Actually, I don't remember who on this forum designed these but this is the ST700 sticker I'd want...

ST700 sticker.jpg
This one looks better than mine.

In order to cover the stock sticker it needs to be about 7" long and 5/8" high.

Top Bottom