Accessory Wire Harness

Bike
2010 Silver NT700VA
I have installed the "Honda 08A30-MEW-100 Accessory Wire Harness" The literature says that it may only be used with one supported accessory at a time: an outlet or heated grips. There are three wires coming off the Accessory Wire Harness. After looking at the wiring diagram, i see one wire is key switched on and has its own 10A fuse located under the seat (ACC). One wire is ground. The third wire is 12V always on, shared only with the instrument panel, 10A fuse under the seat (CLOCK).

So, the Accessory Wire Harness supplies two separate 10A fused circuits...one switched and one always on. I guess the ground wire is the limiting factor as it looks to be the same size as the two power wires, so using both 10A circuits on the same ground might "let the smoke out" :shrug2: I searched the forum and did not see anything detailing this.

Anyhoo, my Accessory Wire Harness was wired wrong! I had to move the CLOCK wire in the 4 wire plug diagonally as they were not aligned properly. I suppose the bike side could be wrong, or it was done intentionally:confused:

Last edited:

ADK Jim

Site Supporter
Bike
2010 Red NT700V
Hey Silverstrike, I wish I was at my home right now as I am away at a state park and not near my bike, but only a few months ago went through the same pain you are experiencing with Honda's additional wiring harness (more than one). If I here home I could get a picture and more details for you but I remember that I had to find another harness wire piece which I got from UK (David Silver) to be able to use the Honda OEM heated grips. I followed a video online from SoundGuy, and hooked up a separate line in the left glove box for a cigarette charging option. If you have specific questions, I'll try and get some pictures when I get home in about a week. We volunteer at a state park this time of year for 2 months. Happy New Year & good luck! Jim

OP
OP
Bike
2010 Silver NT700VA
Thanks Jim, Happy New Year to you and the forum! I ended up disassembling the wire harness that comes with the grips and made my own. Has anybody tried to use the CLOCK circuit and found the plug wires out of place? Thought it was a little strange.
I tried out the grips and new electric vest for the first time today (40'sF)...wow thats nice! Dreaming of insoles now:rofl1:

ADK Jim

Site Supporter
Bike
2010 Red NT700V
Why not just get a large electric blanket - you'll be covered heat to toe! Yes, warm hands and body parts are wonderful first thing in the morning - enjoy.
Jim

Top Bottom