This is a surprise

Mellow

Admin
2024 Mileage
Bike
21 R1250RT
You can get them at Black & Decker now... sorry, couldn't resist.. they never had anything that appealed to me but still sad to see them going away.

OP
OP
junglejim

junglejim

Site Supporter
Bike
Tiger 800, NT sold
You can get them at Black & Decker now... sorry, couldn't resist.. they never had anything that appealed to me but still sad to see them going away.
I don't believe you are really sorry, but it IS funny!

Warren

Bike
2019 Yamaha XMAX
It makes sense. The two brands were too similar to differentiate them and Indian seemed to be getting all the press and sales.

Tonydtiger1971

Can't afford either one on my budget. the nt700 is my newest bike.

Bike
'10 NT 84 BMW R100RT Ural
I guess the Slingshot will follow soon too, I could never understand the appeal of those things unless you put a bat symbol on the hood.

mikesim

Site Supporter
Bike
NT700, Red, #989,
I still think that Polaris could have been successful with Victory had they not tried to mimic everything the MoCo did. Now Indian owners and prospective buyers will be put on notice that Polaris will have no problem orphanizing them at some later date if the market doesn't suit their expectations. A shame really. I was never a Victory fan but I was glad to see them produce a bike here in the US that wasn't a Harley.

Mike

Bike
2013 Harley Police bike
Since Polaris acquired Indian, this was only a matter of time. Parent company holding 2 directly competing brands would not be profitable for either brand.

Top Bottom