GIpro DS-series strange issue

Hi, Need some advice please,

I have now installed the GIpro DS series on my bike - 2008 NT700V ABS model and set it up by taking it for a spin and it works well. I checked with the manufacturer before buying to ensure compatibility. The only issue I have now is, when I switch the bike off with the key and switch it back on again, the bike starts up without me having to press the start switch??????. This was not a problem prior to me installing the GIpro. When I use the kill switch to stop the engine and turn it on again I then have to press the start switch to get her starting again. Has anyone had the same issue? Please let me know *** I am doing wrong.

Any help will be appreciated, Thanks :?

Mellow

Admin
2024 Mileage
Bike
21 R1250RT
Honda switches are prone to collect gunk in them, so it could be your starter button sticks... I'd get some electrical cleaner spray and hit the switches then work them manually a few times to see if that's your problem.

Bike
Black 2009 NT700
I have the Gipro, recently installed, and have had NO issues.
I would be very surprised if that was the cause of your problem as it is only reading the relationship between speed sensor pulses and engine revs.
There is no connection with the starter circuit.

Macka

OP
OP
Thank you Macka, I will disconnect GI and see if issue is resolved and take it from there. It was so easy to install and I believed I was home and dry. Will first try to spray starter switch and see if that helps. Thanks for your support.

Soothsayer

Top Bottom