Anyone have Lee Parks gloves?

Bike
2011 NT, 2014 FJR
I'm a glove nut; I have Held, Sedici, Olympia, Aerostitch, Thurlow Deerskins, goatskin ropers from Sam's Club, and dozens of off-brand or no-name leather and textile gloves. Lee Parks Designs brags about their gloves, and they should, at the prices they charge. But, as I said, I'm a glove nut, probably because growing up I had no gloves and my hands were always stinging in cold weather. Anyway, I'm interested in the unlined deerskin/elkskin gauntlet gloves that are priced at $135. Are they that much better than the others? Feel free to chime in. Mike in Coffeyville.

Bike
'10 NT 84 BMW R100RT Ural
I'm always been impressed that the gloves are made in the good old USA. I've meet Lee a couple of times, he is knowledgeable and knows how to ride a motorcycle (and teach you too). I'd believe he'd make a nice glove, I myself am too cheap to buy a expensive glove (maybe after I win Lottery-maybe that is why I ride old BMW's and NT and not a New RT).

Last edited:

Phil Tarman

Site Supporter
Bike
2010 Silver NT700VA (ABS)
I bought a pair of DeerTours from Lee at an IBA National meeting. They were gloves I really enjoyed, but I wore a hole in the tip of the third finger of the right hand glove while I was on my Epic Ride. I emailed Lee and he said he'd replace it, but I never got around to sending him the glove after I got back from the Trip. The only issue I would have with them is in sizing. Lee told me I needed an extra small, which was smaller than in any other glove I've ever worn. Plus, I went through about 8 or 10 pair of gloves before he told me which one to buy. I wouldn't trust that as a sizing tactic for glove purchase made to be made online.

Warren

Bike
2019 Yamaha XMAX
Lee Parks gloves are deer skin and they are not waterproof. Best to put a waterproof glove cover over them in heavy extended rain.

ADK Jim

Site Supporter
Bike
2010 Red NT700V
I also have a pair of his gloves. As a matter of fact, I had a small near accident and went down with his gloves on and they saved my hands - wore a small hole in them but otherwise they held up very well. I then purchased a replacement pair. The first had the seams sewn on the inside and the new pair on the outside (if that makes sense) which are even more comfortable - deer skin. They are super soft and are my first choice when I ride. I have not had them wet but have worn them in all temperatures. Hope this helps.
Jim

mikesim

Site Supporter
Bike
NT700, Red, #989,
Lee Parks gloves are deer skin and they are not waterproof. Best to put a waterproof glove cover over them in heavy extended rain.
Well, that explains all the water-logged deer you see in the woods!

Mike

Bike
2) 2010 red NT's
The spouse and I both have a pair of his gauntlet gloves (mine are the insulated ones) and a pair of the 'inside out' gloves. Despite not being waterproof the gauntlets hold up quite well in a moderate rain (~60 miles) Yeah, my hands got a bit damp, but not as bad as I thought they would.

The 'inside out' gloves. LOVE those for summer. But I wore a hole in the tip of one of the fingers. Not going to complain, i do have gussied up girlie fingernails. Despite the hole (got that after roughly 25,000 miles) I still wear them.

The gauntlet gloves are my favorite. My hands are always cold and these keep them fairly warm to low 40's temps. If I'm going to be riding in known rain with cold temps I'll wear my Rev'it rain gloves.

What we really liked about Lee's gloves is the ability to have them adjusted. Spouse has short fingers and Lee was able to have the gloves modified to fit his hands better. That is amost an impossibility in the glove world.

Top Bottom