How To Inflate an Air Mattress

Phil Tarman

Site Supporter
Bike
2010 Silver NT700VA (ABS)
I've never had a self-inflating mattress that actually inflates, so I think that's an amazing and useful new learning. Thanks, Chris!

DirtFlier

Site Supporter
Bike
2010 Silver NT700V/ABS
Great idea! It's mainly using atmospheric pressure and the breaths are only required to open up the trash bag. :)

Coyote Chris

Site Supporter
Bike
10 Red NT 14 FJR, 17 XT
I think the only way to truly appreciate this, is to have spent countless times huffing and puffing to blow up an air mattress when you were younger...or maybe last summer.

Chris
I got a chuckle looking at the big hulky guy and that dinky air mattress.... 10-15 years ago I went to this air bed. I have a small ni-cad powered electric pump much smaller than the hairdrier this guy is using.
You fill it 3/4 full and after one night sleeping on it I will never to back to an air "mattress" again. But then I camp out 30 days a year....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WZw3BwMBDlk

DirtFlier

Site Supporter
Bike
2010 Silver NT700V/ABS
Eons ago, they sold an air hose attachment that used one of the cylinders of a multi-cyl engine as an air pump to inflate things such as air mattresses. The spark plug from the cylinder was removed and replaced with an air hose fitting & hose connecting it to the air mattress, rubber boat, etc., then the engine was started. I never saw one in person and only saw the ads. :)

RedLdr1

Site Supporter
Eons ago, they sold an air hose attachment that used one of the cylinders of a multi-cyl engine as an air pump to inflate things such as air mattresses. The spark plug from the cylinder was removed and replaced with an air hose fitting & hose connecting it to the air mattress, rubber boat, etc., then the engine was started. I never saw one in person and only saw the ads. :)
I'd love to see the Error Codes a new vehicle would generate if someone used an engine air pump...:eek1: And if you use it on an older vehicle to inflate an air mattress don't smoke in bed. The air / fuel mixture in your air mattress could be worse than a can of baked beans...:rolleyes1: I know the engine isn't running but you still draw air thru the carb...

Top Bottom