NT 700 V6 Starter motor failure

Phil Tarman

Site Supporter
Bike
2010 Silver NT700VA (ABS)
Hmmm... Neither can I! It sure seems like their used to be one, but if there still is, it's very cleverly hidden. :unsure:

So, just click on "Post a Thread" and introduce yourself in the "General" area. It's good to have you with us!

Where in Florida?

Bike
2020 Kawasaki Versys
By watching the fuel gauge dip when you crank the starter it certainly appears the battery voltage is being pulled down. I would still double check the simple stuff like corroded/bad connections but you are probably correct that the starter needs help.
If you need a service manual there are a couple in the for sale forum (I have one there).

Brad

Last edited:

The Sleeper

HI @Fredo

You're video above is the exact issue I'm having. was it your starter motor?

Thanks in advance.
Karl

The Sleeper

Hi The Sleeper.
Yes it was.
ah poop!

Guess that is my weekend taken up trying to locate another one and swapping it out. This is a biggish job for me as not something i've done before. Don't suppose you have any links to useful sites do you?

Bike
2010 silver NT700
I have had that problem on a couple of other bikes...slow cranking, pulling the voltage down and making it hard to start. Both times I removed the starter, opened it up, and lubed the bearing on each end of the armature. Problem solved.

Bike
2010 NT700V
To Sleeper; it was a first for me also. I had to figure it out as I took the bike a part. It’s definitely a pain in the butt, but doable. If you are going to do it yourself. You can contact me directly and I’ll share couple Issues I had to solve so you won’t have to go through them.
cheers.
Frédéric

Top Bottom