Lunch with Popeye

mikesim

Site Supporter
Bike
NT700, Red, #989,
Yesterday we travelled to Chester, IL, birthplace of E.C. Segar, creator of Popeye. It was 76 wonderful global warmed degrees. We were going to cross the Mighty Mississippi on the Modoc ferry at Ste Genevieve but the river was fogged in and the ferry wasn't running. The City of Chester has commemorated Segar by placing statues of his characters around the town. We had lunch at Reid's Harvest House Smorgasbord. The fried catfish was some of the best I've had. If you ever find yourself in the neighborhood, stop by Chester and say hi to Popeye and the gang!

Mike

junglejim

Site Supporter
Bike
Tiger 800, NT sold
If you ever find yourself in the neighborhood, stop by Chester and say hi to Popeye and the gang!
Hummm, I've never been to Chester. I generally don't like riding in IL because it is mostly corn and bean fields. But with your suggestion I now have a total two places I want to visit in IL.

Bike
'10 NT 84 BMW R100RT Ural
If you go to Cave-in-the-Rock you can take the ferry across to Kentucky. I did not know this till I took the RV across, wife likes caves (and I cave on RV trips, so I can get motorcycle trips).

Top Bottom