Which wire?

Bike
2010 Red NT700v
Would anyone know which wire I'd want to connect to if I had instructions that said connect this wire to the ignition wire, this one to the positive brake, & positive left and right blinkers?
TIA

tawilke46

I would suggest having a wiring diagram handy specific to your motorcycle. Wiring diagrams can be found in most manufacturer service manuals.
By ignition wire, they most likely mean a 12 volt switched wire that only has voltage in the wire when the ignition is on. Shown below is a typical wiring diagram for a rear running light, brake light, and left and right turn signals. Note there has to be ground connections for the circuit.

Attachments

Bike
2010 NT700V, 2015 CB500X
Here is a reply about how wire an Admore lighting kit for the Honda top box. It includes a tail light, brake light, L & R turn signals. Warning: this is only if you are trying to connect to wires from the connector to the bulbs. If you are connecting upstream of the connector, wire colors are different.

White = ignition on for tail light.
Red = brake light.
Blue = left turn signal
Grey = right turn signal

Here is how mine is wired:

Yellow Admore to Blue left turn signal wire. Positap'ed a few inches from turn signal bulb socket.
Green Admore to Grey right turn signal wire. Positap'ed a few inches from turn signal bulb socket.
Red Admore to Red brake light wire. Positap'ed a few inches from brake light bulb socket. Both brake light bulbs have a red wire, either should work.
Blue Admore to + on Fuzeblock.
Black Amore to - on Fuzeblock.

If you don't have a Fuzeblock, you'll need a different place to top in the Blue & Black Admore wires. I'd suggest:
Black Admore to a Black on either brake light bulb socket wire & Blue Admore to a White on either brake light bulb socket wire.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Bike
2010 Red NT700v
Thank you sir! That's sounds exactly like what I was looking for. I had found a wiring diagram... Just want sure if I was reading the wire colors correctly (small print).

Here is a reply about how wire an Admore lighting kit for the Honda top box. It includes a tail light, brake light, L & R turn signals. Warning: this is only if you are trying to connect to wires from the connector to the bulbs. If you are connecting upstream of the connector, wire colors are different.

White = ignition on for tail light.
Red = brake light.
Blue = left turn signal
Grey = right turn signal

JQL

Growing old disgracefully
Bike
2010 NT700 & 2019 FJR1300
There's a little hatch just in front of the tail lights. You can piggy-back the wires into the tail light connector.

Note there is also a diagnostic connector in the same compartment. Don't connect to that.

DirtFlier

Site Supporter
Bike
2010 Silver NT700V/ABS
At times like this, a Honda service manual (the official one!) comes in handy and pays for itself. If you watch some of the For Sale ads, there are used, service manuals being sold on a regular basis.

RedLdr1

Site Supporter
There's a little hatch just in front of the tail lights. You can piggy-back the wires into the tail light connector.
Just remember that the wires change colors in the connectors located in that compartment. You want to be on the tail light side, not the main harness!

OP
OP
Bike
2010 Red NT700v
Thanks for all your help! And, just to let you know, this is what I was installing

[video=youtube;6F_DUIQb7ks]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6F_DUIQb7ks[/video]

Frosty

Site Supporter
Bike
2020 Triumph 900GT
Good idea. It will work on the NT700 but not bikes with a CANBUS system. They said that they are working on a CANBUS sytem.

Top Bottom