NT in the Super Class

Woodaddict

Site Supporter
2024 Mileage
Bike
Red NT700V & Spyder RTL
Super Duper! just noticed that I surpassed my Honda PC 800 all time miles on one bike! PC had 160,560 miles. NT now has 163,528 miles. AND I would guess its the only NT in USA with THTAT many miles on it. no known engine issues.

ALL HAIL THE NT !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Bike
2010 Silver NT700V
Super Duper! just noticed that I surpassed my Honda PC 800 all time miles on one bike! PC had 160,560 miles. NT now has 163,528 miles. AND I would guess its the only NT in USA with THTAT many miles on it. no known engine issues.

ALL HAIL THE NT !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
That is incredible! That is over 38x more mi than mine has. Being new to the bike and this site, I assume you just perform standard scheduled maintenance and keep your eyes and ears out for potential issues?

Warren

Bike
2019 Yamaha XMAX
David, I am not sure if I am more impressed that your NT has 163K on it or that you managed to put them on it and also did the same on another motorcycle. Your are a riders rider.

Phil Tarman

Site Supporter
Bike
2010 Silver NT700VA (ABS)
Magnificent! You are my hero and your bike is Dudley's hero! I'm still stuck at 115,176, but in another 350 miles, I'll have passed the mileage I had on my first '99 Concours when i totaled it.

People have been telling me that I need to replace Dudley but I just point at you and RUSTINPEACE and the fact that my NT still hasn't used any oil, still gets the same gas mileage it did at 10,000 miles, and still runs as strong as it ever did, and continue to decide that I don't need anything differently. Plus the fact that I've got it farkled to my idea of perfection. Granted, if I bought a different NT, I could transfer the farkeles, but that would be a pain the caboose.

Keep her rolling!

OP
OP
Woodaddict

Woodaddict

Site Supporter
2024 Mileage
Bike
Red NT700V & Spyder RTL
That is incredible! That is over 38x more mi than mine has. Being new to the bike and this site, I assume you just perform standard scheduled maintenance and keep your eyes and ears out for potential issues?
yes I try to do all maintenance, except valve checks. those miles are from 5 yrs, 4 months of ownership. bought 12-7-2011

Bike
Bloom Red 2010 NT700v
yes I try to do all maintenance, except valve checks. those miles are from 5 yrs, 4 months of ownership. bought 12-7-2011
I'm curious if you have the valve checks done every 8000 miles or do you stretch the duration longer than that? Heck, seems you wouldn't be able to get so many miles due to the downtime in the shop. :)

OP
OP
Woodaddict

Woodaddict

Site Supporter
2024 Mileage
Bike
Red NT700V & Spyder RTL
I'm curious if you have the valve checks done every 8000 miles or do you stretch the duration longer than that? Heck, seems you wouldn't be able to get so many miles due to the downtime in the shop. :)
yeah, that would slow me down! 8K miles is prescribed by Honda so they don't have any warranty claims. I watched those posting about longer intervals, after I found some, I started going 25K or so between checks, without being out of spec. only a slight adjustment made to bring into mid spec. I think I'm about 32K now, need to get done soon.

Top Bottom