[Review] Sargent Premium Foam Upgrade Seat Mod

Bike
Silver NT700V
I sent a stock seat to Sargent for the Premium Foam Upgrade mod. Received the seat in about two weeks. As part of the ordering process I spoke directly to a Sargent rep and discussed the work to be done. Sargent has developed templates to basically reproduce their World Sport seat on a stock NT700 seat pan. Based on my height and discussion with Sargent we opted for the low version which reduces seat height by about 1".

Quality of workmanship appears to be top notch. The cover is a carbon FX weave marine grade vinyl. It is well secured all round and sits very comfortably.

The problem I had with the stock seat was I developed numbness and eventually discomfort om longer rides. Ironically, this effect is due to the seat being too soft. The stock seat also tended to pitch me forward onto the tank.

I have now ridden about 500 miles on the new seat. It is braking in well. I have ridden a couple of longer rides, up to 250 miles. No numbness or soreness noted. the seat tends to make me sit farther back, placing me in the flat, or bowl portion, as designed.

Overall, this is a quality product that performs as advertised for a reasonable cost. Ordering is easy, customer service is superb. Since the seat is built on an NT700 seat, fitment is not an issue.

bicyclist

It does look good. I have a Corbin seat on my F800 and tried a Sargent on it at the BMW national rally. They felt pretty much the same. Since the Corbin is so heavy, I'm inclined to go for the Sargent premium foam option on the stock pan. Thanks for the revue.

Bear

Bike
2010 NT-700 V Red
Chuck, You sold me. I will be sending them my seat and request the low model as well

Top Bottom