Isle of Man 2017

Phil Tarman

Site Supporter
Bike
2010 Silver NT700VA (ABS)
I just wonder if they have the saddles that they use modified to accommodate larger than normal testicles?
LOL! Their saddles are probably like some of the bicycle saddles I've seen -- the ones with the big cut-out in the middle so your private parts don't get squoze.

Bike
2013 Harley Police bike
Set my TIVO to record this. Looking forward to watching.
Thanks for the heads up.

Bike
2006 Black NT700V ABS
I just wonder if they have the saddles that they use modified to accommodate larger than normal testicles?
I believe it's common practice to gaffer-tape a roller skate to the underside of each testicle and hang them either side of the seat. This has the added benefit of giving you early warning that you are leaning over too far in the bends.

Coyote Chris

Site Supporter
Bike
10 Red NT 14 FJR, 17 XT
Thank you, I always enjoy watching the skill and mental fortitude of the riders that participate not to mention that I like the change of landscape that they travel across. I just wonder if they have the saddles that they use modified to accommodate larger than normal testicles?
How do you accommadate grapefruit? I have no idea if they are brave or stupid but they are fun to watch......

Bike
'10 NT 84 BMW R100RT Ural
When I tried to record the Isle of Man on Dish, I get No information Available. Chat said just record the time slot, hopefully it will work.

junglejim

Site Supporter
Bike
Tiger 800, NT sold
Some of my friends went to the "Isle of Man" a few years ago. They bought some used motorcycles in England and took them over to the Isle. They complained about riding on crowded narrow streets, at a high speeds, two up, with luggage, on a strange motorcycle, on the left side of the road, and not knowing where they were going. But they got to see the action up close, and had some great stories. I think the "senior generation" of this forum should just watch the videos.

Bike
Isle might the the most dangerous race still practiced. I am not sure why someone could ride at a hundred miles per on streets designed to go 30. When race started think about the speeds of the motorcycles compared to what they are riding today. Sure there is the Dakar, and yes dangerous.

Coyote Chris

Site Supporter
Bike
10 Red NT 14 FJR, 17 XT
Isle might the the most dangerous race still practiced. I am not sure why someone could ride at a hundred miles per on streets designed to go 30. When race started think about the speeds of the motorcycles compared to what they are riding today. Sure there is the Dakar, and yes dangerous.
Dangerous sports do seem to feed the rat of some folks.....I am not an adreneline junky so I dont understand it....climbing Mt Everest, base jumping, racing planes, riding bikes fast over surface streets, extreame skiing...they all have their following.....the Youtubes of the Isle are interesting though......

Wife and I were over there in 2010 and rented a couple of 800 BMWs from Celtic Riders in Dublin Ireland...With a little help from my family contacts we were able to stay in a cottage right freaking on the race circuit in Kirkmicheal!...Unbelievable experience and absolutely the very best vacation I have had in my 74 years.... Our local direct tv is covering the racing on Velocity channel 281 at 10 pm each night....the next best thing from being there!

Bike
I can not imagine what it must be like to ride on those roads at speeds that have G's. I watch the cycles bounce off the pavement, slide, and maneuver. What 'balls' these road riders have, I wonder how this compares for track riding for them. Now if I could just understand what they are saying, I have Irish and have a hard time understanding. When I worked, we closed a plant in Ireland and had two techs come and help install the moved equipment. I could not understand 75% of 'Micheal' I gave up asking him about the equipment. I felt bad, but we also had a engineer from Ireland, he said he had a hard time too, since he been in US for 30 years.

DirtFlier

Site Supporter
Bike
2010 Silver NT700V/ABS
I believe the Isle of Man races started a few years before the Indy 500 (1911). Maybe 1903? Anyone way back then, it was more of a reliability run because the 37-mile loop was quite a challenge for those early motorcycles.

Warren

Bike
2019 Yamaha XMAX
It has been reported that Davey Lambert has died as a result of a crash at the Isle of Man

Phil Tarman

Site Supporter
Bike
2010 Silver NT700VA (ABS)
That's too bad, but it's surprising that there aren't more fatalities. They definitely push way beyond the comfort limit of any semi-normal people.

Coyote Chris

Site Supporter
Bike
10 Red NT 14 FJR, 17 XT
That's too bad, but it's surprising that there aren't more fatalities. They definitely push way beyond the comfort limit of any semi-normal people.
No one ever accused me of being normal, but I found a way I could ride the IOM. Simulator is suprisingly realistic except for falls....

Warren

Bike
2019 Yamaha XMAX
Rider Alan Bonner has now died. I guess his is the third death in the TT this year. The TT is a very definitely a dangerous race.

Top Bottom