Karma, Darwin at Work, or Simply Stupidity?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Coyote Chris

Site Supporter
Bike
10 Red NT 14 FJR, 17 XT
It is real tempting to jump on your comments Mike, but we are drifting from the motorcycle topic and subject to get moderated out of here. And I'm partly to blame.

Most of us try hard to be responsnible riders (and citizens), but a lot of us get a little too exuberant at times. I sometimes get a little carried away enjoying my motorcycle, but I think I make pretty good decisions on when and where. A friend of mine says "you can get away with a lot of stupid sh** if you think it through first." I can calculate my own risks. But endangering other people is NOT acceptable behavior. And I don't mind telling that to other riders if they are endangering others. They may think riding a wheelie down a freeway is OK, but I don't think so. It distracts drivers and gives cyclists a bad name. Same goes with excessive speeds on public roads. Want to race - go to the track. We all have different experiences and abilities and crossing the line from spirited riding to irresponsible riding is different for all of us.
Hear hear! Well said. I like that phrase, BTW.....sounds like Yogi Berra.

(ref Mike: While I suspect the current trend of massive illeagle drug use, both prescript and otherwise, has many reasons that have nothing to do with karma, Darwin or Stupidity on the drug user's part, I have no sympathy for anyone that gets behind the wheel/handlebars under some kind of influance....(it now looks like modern cell phones are addictive, BTW.) Undocumented pharmacutical salespeople that sell drugs to children can have only one road for us to put them on, IMHO. I kind of like the Devil's Island concept, actually.

Bike
2010 Silver NT700V
The WSP feels the same way. There is no such thing as an accident. There are incidents where a human bean is usually the fault somewhere....
Frosty and I know a guy who claims to be a motorcycle saftey instructer, or at least has that rating....he has been in the hospital twice for long stays...
once was for a "90 mph wheelie that went bad".

Pilots have a saying. "Altitude, airspeed, and brains.....two required"[/QUOTE

I learned that terminology from a friend in the Grant County Sheriff's Office. Larry Yount. BTW Chris, thanks for the time you spent with the WSP keeping our highways safe.

Mellow

Admin
2024 Mileage
Bike
21 R1250RT
This one has already veered a bit too far off topic... It may be motorcycle related ONLY because there was a motorcycle involved, beyond that, it could have been any list of things that led to the incident in question. So, let's get back to REAL motorcycle related topics...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom