Big Lid Confusion

I just took possession of NT700. Due to scratches I want to replace saddlebag lids and thus The Big lid seems like a no brainer. But confused (nothing new). Can I not just purchase the big lids or due I need to buy the 2 new complete units. I have not been able to find where the "Big Lids" can be bought separately.

Thank u

Bear

Phil Tarman

Site Supporter
Bike
2010 Silver NT700VA (ABS)
Bear, here is a link to David Silver Spares. They are a UK company who sells parts for Honda motorcycles. They have figured out that importing older bikes to the UK from the US can be a money-making enterprise. So they buy bikes here, ship them to the UK, and then use the shipping containers to bring parts from the UK back to the US.

When I bought my NT in 2010, the only places you could buy things like big lids were from UK or European Honda dealers. IIRC, I paid Honda of Bournemouth close to $400 for a set of big lids plus over $100 for shipping those parts from the UK to my house in Colorado.

David Silver Spares here in the US ships everything they sell from the Pennsylvania warehouse to you for $17.

Today, they don't have the silver big lids, but they usually get things within a month, if my past experience is any guide. If you ordered them from somewhere in the UK, you'd pay more and you'd probably wait just as long to get them from there.

Here's the link for silver lids: http://www.davidsilverspares.com/NT700VA-ABS-2010-USA/part_139948/

They've got them in red, white, and black as well. Plus they sell the OEM undercowl for $275. Before David Silver Spares came here that cost me about $325 + close to $100 for shipping (again, IIRC). The undercowl gives me foot and lower leg protection that is better than the stock bike in cold, wet conditions. David Silver Spares is a positive force for us who are NT owners.

When I got my big lids, I also bought a set of striker latches from my Honda dealer so I wouldn't have to change them if I wanted to use the small lids again. I have only done that once and I don't remember why I did it. :)

I have attached a couple of pictures that show the undercowl so you'll know what it is.

Attachments

Last edited:
Top Bottom