Looking For The Best Tankbag For My NT

Bike
2010 Silver NT700
Just traded my ST1300 for a 2010 NT, looking for the best recommended tank bag-- I had a magnetic one, but it was too big for the NT.

Thanks,

Lee Ullmann
Casa Grande, AZ

Phil Tarman

Site Supporter
Bike
2010 Silver NT700VA (ABS)
Re: Looking For The Best Tank For My NT

Lee, I don't know if it's the best tank bag for the NT or not, but I've had a SW-Mototech City bag from Twisted Throttle for over seven years and it's still working well for me. It has a lock ring that attaches to the tank and lets the bag click into a locked connection. You have to buy the lock ring in addition to the bag, and it starts to bet pretty pricey, but it fits the bike well. It's narrow enough to fit between the switchgear of the NT (with a little adjustment, and I also bought the map case that fits all SW-Mototech bags. It's big enough to hold a map showing two full folds width-wise.

http://www.twistedthrottle.com/sw-motech-bags-connection-non-electric-quick-lock-evo-city-motorcycle-tank-bag

Coyote Chris

Site Supporter
Bike
10 Red NT 14 FJR, 17 XT

Just traded my ST1300 for a 2010 NT, looking for the best recommended tank bag-- I had a magnetic one, but it was too big for the NT.

Thanks,

Lee Ullmann
Casa Grande, AZ
I am very happy with my motogear extreame classic. Not the biggest bag around but for $40, its expandable and has a rain cover, etc.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Motorcycle-Bike-MotoGear-Tank-Bag-black/182577592370?_trksid=p2385738.c100677.m4598&_trkparms=aid=222007&algo=SIC.MBE&ao=1&asc=20160908110712&meid=713a2cb3d0df4eeaaf4fa7419262481c&pid=100677&rk=1&rkt=5&sd=311752685495

Joe Rocket Manta also works well on the NT. Like the others, somewhat limited capacity. Holds its shape well and good magnets. I'm referring to the basic Manta, not the XL, which I have not tried. Correction: I just checked and found I have the Manta XL and it is the one that works. Again, a bit limited capacity. I presume the regular Manta would be even smaller!

Last edited:
Bike
2010 NT700V

I have the Cortech small Dryver tank bag. It attaches to a separately purchased tank ring, there are no magnets to scratch your tank. It is water proof without a separate rain cover, I have ridden in driving rain and everything stays dry inside. I have the map pocket, it is small and you have to fold your map smaller. But be aware, the map pocket is not water proof. It pops off easily for fueling and carrying into a restaurant. BB
https://www.amazon.com/Cortech-8235-2305-04-Black-Small-Dryver/dp/B004REBZSQ/ref=sr_1_18?ie=UTF8&qid=1496663839&sr=8-18&keywords=cortech+motorcycle+tank+bag

sojourn

I use the Ortlieb waterproof tank bag,map case also waterproof,magnets,attached front straps to brackets behind fork, purchased from aerostich.i do not see it listed now.

Bike
2010 NT700V

I have the Cortech small Dryver tank bag. It attaches to a separately purchased tank ring, there are no magnets to scratch your tank. It is water proof without a separate rain cover, I have ridden in driving rain and everything stays dry inside. I have the map pocket, it is small and you have to fold your map smaller. But be aware, the map pocket is not water proof. It pops off easily for fueling and carrying into a restaurant. BB
https://www.amazon.com/Cortech-8235-2305-04-Black-Small-Dryver/dp/B004REBZSQ/ref=sr_1_18?ie=UTF8&qid=1496663839&sr=8-18&keywords=cortech+motorcycle+tank+bag
The Driver bag comes in two sizes, it is very adjustable front to rear. I used it on my Kawasaki C-14 and only had to buy the tank ring for my NT. BB

mikesim

Site Supporter
Bike
NT700, Red, #989,

The Driver bag comes in two sizes, it is very adjustable front to rear. I used it on my Kawasaki C-14 and only had to buy the tank ring for my NT. BB
I have the large size for Traveller and like it a lot!

Mike

Bike
'10 NT 84 BMW R100RT Ural
I like a tank bag with a clear top to put maps etc. you can see them. Even you phone will be visible, but you won't be able to use the touch screen.

Bike
Silver NT700V
+for the SW Motech ones from Twisted Throttle. I had one on my NT for five years. I had the one with a separate clip on map case. Very convenient. The clip on feature is superb. Sine no part of the bag rubs the tank, the bike's finish stays nice.

Bike
2010 Red NT700V
+for the SW Motech ones from Twisted Throttle. I had one on my NT for five years. I had the one with a separate clip on map case. Very convenient. The clip on feature is superb. Sine no part of the bag rubs the tank, the bike's finish stays nice.
That's what I have and absolutely love it for all the same reasons!

tawilke46

Can also vouch for the SW Motech ring mounted tank bags. Have three now, all perform flawlessly on my two bikes. And as previosly stated they do not touch the surface of the tank.

Top Bottom